• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GREEN LAKE WALLEYE TOURNAMENT RESULTS?

Hi there,

Just wondering who took the 3Grand this time from the tournament on green last week.....Is it the Rykes boys again or someone else got lucky...

What were the standing for 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc..Any info would be appreciated.

J.

hey chub, my money is on you to get into one of those 3 spots next weekend.(I haven't used any of your bait yet)

By looks of it last weekend the South Hump got cleaned out! Lol, 40 boats in the tournament and on Sunday 15 or so were there. shocked.gif

I got my one money fish on Sunday to give me a free shot, so to speak, at this coming up tournament too. So maybe this this tournament will be better for me also. smirk.gif

there were a few 15" fish left this week but nothing to brag about. your starting spot was better.

anyone know what kind of a payout there is going to be next weekend?

What tournament is on this coming week end? Another Wallleye tournament, so soon?? after the Little Crow Anglers tournament?

walleyewacker, what is the problem with getting in the night before? more the merrier i figure.

Looks like, by past results, around 45 boats=about 16-1800 to win. Should pay back about the same amount of teams as last weekend(again, depending on # of teams).

It oughta be interesting anyhow grin.gif

i have a feeling there will be more boats in the next one(just a hunch)

Looks like the GNWC link was taboo shocked.gif

J, the tourny is a regional Division of the Grand National Walleye Cup tournament. Travels around to a bunch of Lakes in MN. Looks like if one signed up for the lot, if you do well enough you get to go to the National Championship that pays a few bucks.

The thing I kind of like about it is people that dont pay within 7 days advance have to pay more. Its only like $25 but still encourages people to make up their mind right away.

I think this would a interesting league to get into also. Sounds like some fun, maybe next year for me.

I know a guy who is fishing the GNWC. He said if you places

in these with ?? points you fish the regional bemidji, mn.

and the top __fisherman from that go fishing in the nationals on lake erie.

sounds like fun if I could pay the entry fee i maybe would do it. Sounds like this year someone may get to the nationals by just catching a 2 fish average/ 6 lbs.

per tournement.

Jim, did ya get out? How did you do if ya did? I spent quite a bit O time out there this weekend and came to the conclusion it was tough tongue.gif Got a few, but it wasn't easy pickins.

Chub, I got out on green saturday evening just to look for something different, hopefully, others are looking somewheres else. Fished for about an hour but the bite was either very slow or they didn't want what we had down. Even pulaski was dead. At least there I got a rockbass. has anyone try cranks yet?

I've seen a few people pulling em', but I haven't heard any "stories". Friday, I'm gonna give it a try. I've tried ripping jigs through the monkey snot, though not that hard. Can catch everything but walleyes doing that.

From what I've seen and heard from others, there are few if any concentrations of fish in any one spot. Atleast as far as I can find.

I'm gonna keep looking though crazy.gif

i was rappin' for a while sunday, the only thing i could get hooked up on was largemouth(small ones), but that could change quickly.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.