• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cranks and boards

Nova

Anyone try this yet. I gave it a whirl about 2 weeks ago and not a sniff. Calm and clear spells boards for deep open water walleyes. I'll probably run some lead core also. I'll post on Monday if they are going on these yet.

I DID PULL SOME CRANKS BUT I DIDN'T USE BOARDS WHEN I DID TO ROUGH THAT DAY. DIDN'T HAVE ANY LUCK THAT WAY THOUGH. I THINK MAYBE I COUPLE WEEKS AGO THEY MIGHT HAVE STILL BEEN IN THE TRANSITION PERIOD SINCE THIS SPRING WAS SO SCREWED UP. MAYBE NOT QUITE THAT ACTIVE YET??? YA I'LL DIFFINATLY THROW SOME CRANKS DOWN WITH LEADCORE IF I CAN FIND A SPOT THAT IS STACKED WITH FISH IN THE NEXT MONTH. COVER MORE GROUND MAYBE PULL THE ACTIVE ONES.

Harpoon, all those slobs you got and not one on a crank? I hope they get active, I need a pig for Hunter point tourney.

WELL I GUESS ONE WAS ON A CRANKBAIT BUT I WAS CASTING INTO SHALLOW WATER ON A LAKE AROUND HOME. ALL OF THE BIG FISH ON MILLE LACS THAT I HAVE PICTURED WERE RIGGIN. MY FRIEND AND I HAD ONE BIGGIN ON A BOBBER AT NIGHT OFF AGATE REEF. I REALLY DON'T THINK CRANKS WAS A GOOD WAY TO TARGET THEM A COUPLE WEEKS AGO ON MILLE LACS BUT I WOULDN'T BE AFRAID TO TRY IT NOW! THE TEMP IS GOING TO GO NUTS THE NEXT 5 DAYS!

Spent about 4 hours pulling several different cranks on Friday with no luck. I did see one guy catch one on a crank by 7 mile, so there is hope.