• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another Lovely Night In The Windy City

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Commanche,

Tell me you are watching our beloved!

Attention All Twinkie-Eaters: We will ship all the brooms that you ordered for the Diamondbacks up to the Twin Cities so you can sweep the stench out of the Twinkies dugout.

Let's recap: First, the Twinkies take on the putrid Giants and they send the MIGHTY YO-HAN, the greatest pitcher ever to stroke a rosin bag to the mound to pummel the pitiful Giants and what happens. HE CAN'T CLOSE THE DEAL. Once again a no decision for the MIGHTY YO-HAN. The Twinks get lucky and stumble into an extra inning win. So with their chests fully puffed out they take on the pitiful Giants again tonight and get pounded 8 to 4 by one of the worst teams in baseball (not just a mediocre team). So then John Garland takes the mound and looks to improve on the one of the best records in baseball. It looks grim, the Sox are down 6 to 1 and BUZZY is firing off a post while foaming from every orifice. Then what do we see? They tug on Superman's Cape, Popeye eats his can of spinich and the entire White Sox team starts turning green and ripping the stiches on their uniforms.

BOOM 10 RUNS IN ONE INNING, GARLAND GOES TO 11-2 and THE SOX PICK UP ANOTHER FULL GAME ON THE HAPLESS TWINKS!

Question to all Twinkie-eaters out there? Riddle me this, when was the last time the Twinks scored 10 runs in one inning? I'll bet ole Harmon was waddling his fat rear around the bases.

DON'T MESS WITH THE BULL, BOYS...YOU'LL GET THE HORNS!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

Windbag,

Now I know why you are in advertising with the spin you put on the crap of a series you had with the D-backs. You win one out of three against a team you rated very lowly when playing the Twinks and then somehow act like a big comeback against them to save a little face is like a whole new "shot heard 'round the world". You mention they picked up a full game on the Twinks tonight. Did you mention last night that they lost a game to the Twinks? The night before? I will answer for you. No to both. Garland gave up how many tonight? Did he get the win? Yes. Did he deserve it? No

Feel free to puff out your chest a little over your teams start, it is warranted, but if you want a little credibility around here let's deal in reality each day, win or lose. Trust me, there are people here who would love a little give and take of the smack talk but a little realistic baseball discussion would be great as well.

windy city,

your sox took one game out of the series at home, the twins won two out of three in arizona. garland picthed bad, and the staff they have will come down to earth and blow it again late in the season. yes the twins lost tonight, but they could have won, plus we can win tomorrow and win the series.

Fishy,

Once again, you are reading things that are not there, what new? I said, for the last time, the Diamondbacks were a MEDIOCRE team, I did not rate them very lowly. Now the Giants are another story, you know, the team that SPANKED THE TWINKIES ARSE tonight, I would rate them very lowly. Santana The Great couldn't beat them nor could the Twinks tonight.

Windy you are amazing. You are on cloud nine about the sox taking one of three from a mediocre team at Chitcago. The same team the twins took two of three from on the road. It seems to me the sox can't beat the teams they are supposed to? ie: d'backs and devil rays. We will see. There is a lot of season left.

Windy, you must really get off on this trash talking stuff ay?

[Edited by Admin]

Quote:

Fishy,

Once again, you are reading things that are not there, what new? I said, for the last time, the Diamondbacks were a MEDIOCRE team, I did not rate them very lowly. Now the Giants are another story, you know, the team that SPANKED THE TWINKIES ARSE tonight, I would rate them very lowly. Santana The Great couldn't beat them nor could the Twinks tonight.

Reading and comprehension my boy. My point was not about who beats who but how you spin it all. You come to the table tonight to talk about how the Twins lost a game in the standings tonight but neglect to ever mention that they have actually made up a game while your squad was losing the series. I don't care what you think of the Twinks, the D-backs or the local legion team. I was only suggesting that this forum would be a lot of fun if we actually mixed in some reality with the trash talk and was hoping you could rise above above the 3rd grade level and maybe wanted to have some adult coversation and fun. Give me all the trash talk you want, tell me my team sucks, tell me I suck, I don't give a rat's a$$ about your opinion. Just looking for a little reality in it all. I can't wait 'til football season (I can't believe I am about to say this)so I can get into a coversation with a more realistic group, the Packer fans. Wow, is this how low things have become in life. I am looking forward to Packer fans. grin.gifcrazy.gif

PS... Since you took it upon yourself to criticize someone in a earlier thread for their spelling and grammar, you may want to revise your sentence that ends with "very lowly".

PSS... I will take Johan the Great's perfomance in his no decision last night vs. Judy's perfomance in the Sox win any day. One was a quality start and one was not. Guess which one. It wasn't Garland's.

Quote:

Question to all Twinkie-eaters out there? Riddle me this, when was the last time the Twinks scored 10 runs in one inning? I'll bet ole Harmon was waddling his fat rear around the bases.

This dudes lack of baseball knowledge continually comes back to bite him in the rear. Im surprised he isnt embarrassed by it already, guess he doesnt stop talking long enough to reflect on it.

June 5th 2002 7th inning 10 runs. (OWNED)

Final Score Twins 23 Indians 2. (OWNED)

60.jpg

You got very lucky and you know it. Garland got rocked last night, nothing else you can say. Twins lost yes, I'm not too happy about that but I can't expect much when Lohse is pitching.

Windy is just happy that the Sox managed to salvage a game at home against the D-Backs. Evidently, the standards for celebration are getting lower. Of course, it took a fluke 10-run inning for them to do it...

Yep- The dream and experiment looks like it went down the crapper with our boy Lohse. The month of May was nice for him, though.. I don't think we will see a repeat month like that again from him. Back to the drawing board (again), I guess. 8-Ball.

Quote:

hey jim, try using something besides shutterfly, apparently their format no longer works, try photo bucket or some others, sorry for the problems, looks like its a shutterfly issue...

Windy/Jim....

Correct shutterfly is junk....photobucket works great.

It's free and easy took about 5 minutes to get your picture as my Avatar, no charge for slimming you up a little, unfortunately the WALLEYE's look a little smaller too. grin.gif

So go to photobucket, register skip the second page "it's a phoenix college registration" finish registering, check your E-mail click the photobucket link, sign in , hit browse on your computer select the picture then submit, photobucket will resize it as necessary then upload, it may take a while if it's a high res photo. Go to your photobucket album towards the bottom of page copy the URL for the picture you want and for Windy to make your Avatar go to My Home,Edit Personal information,select- URL to your avatar,paste your URL from photobucket, and then submit.

Jim you would do the Image button thing like you were doing and paste your photobucket URL to show us those other pictures you promised.

grin.gif

Hey thanks Pier,

The walleye look longer but don't I look good? Kind of like a carnival fun house mirror. Anyway, glad you could use my photo, I have not taken the time to learn how to do it, maybe I will try to follow your instructions. I have another picture of a 2 lb. 16" black crappie that I caught last Saturday here in Illinois. Biggest crappie I have ever seen but I don't target that species, usually Walleye are my targeted prey. Later, Windy.