• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Side

lookingforluck

Anyone been having any luck off of the Myr Mar Rock piles or on the sand flats? Going out on saterday night and hoping to get a few. Thanks for any help!!! smile.gif

i will be out on saturday night as well-plan on concentrating on the mud flats-good luck to ya

Was out on Tuesday and started in the mud. Not much going, just a couple little ones. Moved to the rock piles in front of Myr Mar and started bobber fishing. Ended up catching some nice walleyes with some just over 19" and also tied into a 18 3/4" and 19 1/2" smallie.

I always seem to have pretty good luck on the rock piles but I always hear of these stories of people limiting out on crankbaits or lindy riggin' ... But then again that is how any fishing goes, wondering how others did. how far do people usually fish of the bottem when bobber fishing the rock piles? and at what depth? Some nights it seems like they are cruising up at a couple feet off the bottem and other times it seems like they are hanging on the bottem ... Thanks for your thoughts!

I will be up on Myr Mar this weekend as well. Probably fish the mud flats first drifting with lindy rigs and leeches. Then towards evening, post up over the rocks with bobbers. Like to hear some more reports as well. Good luck! cool.gif

Question: what color hook do most of you guys use for bobber fishing on rock piles on Mille Lacs? I always use red but has this changed in the last few years? Thanks for any help!!! grin.gif

I always use small jig heads instead of colored hooks. The usual chartruse and sometimes black.

doesn't a hook present a more natural presentation? or does a hook hold the bait in place better? How far off the bottem do people usually fish? Thanks!

guys are using a small jig head in place of a bare hook. the benefit of fishing at night is that they glow better. anywhere from 1/2 foot to 5 feet off the bottom depending on time of year.

Thanks for all the help!! Good to everyone going out this weekend!!! Thanks again!