• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm headed to Winni on Thurs. evening, is the shallow shiner bite still on?? Or have the walleye's moved deeper and switched to leeches and crawler's??

Thanks Ole

Headed thursday as well. All reports seem to say it is still on. Seems that Mallards and Raven have been best. We are staying at Denny's so I think we will be burning up some gas. Weather sounds great for the weekend. I'm grinning like a 5yr old at christmas!

Crankin,

The MTT is at Denny's this weekend too, are you fishing in that??

Ole

there is both bites going on some deep and some shallow

Jason

Yes I did fish it. Wow is all I can say for yesterday. We hammered the fish. Ended up taking 7th yesterday for the MTT. 1/2 lb. out of 5th or cash :-( I would guess we boated 20+ fish all 15-15.5 inches. We just couldn't find anything in that 16.25+ range to make it into the top five. Our six fish we brought in were all in the 15-16 inch range. Capt. Ron was guiding right by us sunday morning and boated a 27.5 inch hog.

Crankin,

How did you do on Sat.?? My buddy and I fished it Sat. and ended up tied for 17th, we marked a ton's of fish but had a tough time getting them to bite. We did catch quite a few fish but all but 2 were over 17" and under 26".

Ole

We were at the bottom. Stayed out a bit too late on friday oops! grin.gif And got flustered early so moved too many times without a game plan. Lots of big fish towards the end of saturday so we just went back to the same place at 7am on sunday and never had to move. grin.gif

Yeah, I hear you, I caught a 16" within 2 minutes of dropping the bait in on Sat., then we fished over and over the same spot for a 1/2 hr. without another bite so we moved. We picked up 3 more, 1 slot and 2 too big again nothing for another 1/2 hr. so we moved. We hit a whole bunch of spots we thought would be good, again only bigger fish but not big enough!! Where were you fishing on Sun.?? And what kinda boat were you running??

Ole

We were up there and fished the MTT, too. All I can say is that we were consistent-- weighed three fish each day, 3.48lbs and 3.49lbs. Caught lots of fish in the 17-26 range, but like everybody else, they go back. We run a 2090 Warrior, white/metallic blue, full wind shield, 225 Yamaha, T8 kicker. The weather was great - NO RAIN!!! If you're going to

fish the next MTT tournaments we'll be there, too.

See You then.

Vickie and Stan

Hi Vickie,

We plan to fish the 2 day at Mille Lacs, I run a dark brown ProV with a 175 Merc., we fished Winni in my boat, we'll probably fish my buddy's boat at Mille Lacs again, he has a 2090 Warrior with a 125 tiller.

Ole

Hey guys/gals

We were in the maroon 620 with the evinrude on the back. Vickie you guys stayed by us at Big Stone. I also waved to you on our way in on sunday. We will also be fishing the Mille two day. We also will be fishing Winnie on the 23rd.