• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rice Lake Water Level?

The Chemist

As I haven't been up to the cabin since the 5th. And due to issues at home I may not make it up for another week or so and was wondering if anyone knew what the levels were like? Preferably I would like to know if our dock is underwater and also the status of the boat. If anyone is going out there and could possibly check on it for me let me know. I would really appreciate it.

I was out there on mon.and the water was high there were docks sec floating by shore.This was by where kornis comes in.wish you luck

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I won't be able to get out there this week. Busy getting ready for the family vacation and just found out my aunt passed away and I'll at a funeral as well this week.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't under water. Several docks were already getting close to water level a couple of weeks ago. It's even wetter this June than last June. The ground is squishy up here right now. Seems we're getting 2-3" at least every other day lately.

Good luck with it.

We had about 1 ft of clearance on the 5th so it will be touchy.

Chemist,

Was out on Sunday and there were quite a few docks underwater. I'm going out there tomorrow, If you could tell me which place is yours I could look and give you an update.

How to explain it. From what I know it used to be the main cabin for Rice Lake Resort. It's a large brown cabin, has a treated wood steps down to the lake and we have a 32ft roll in that I just put new green treated plywood on. I also painted all the metal on the dock white. As for the boat we have a lift with a canopy but the canopys tarp hasn't been put on. The boat is a Blue lund w/ merc motor. I put a grey tarp over it. Looking towards shore there is a newer blue house to the right and next to them is a newer almost a-frame. Drop me an e-mail and I think I can get you a map as to where it is. I would greatly appreciate it. chemist70(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Quote:

Chemist,

Was out on Sunday and there were quite a few docks underwater. I'm going out there tomorrow, If you could tell me which place is yours I could look and give you an update.

You may want to have a line in the water while you're checking. You catch my drift Tom? wink.gif

Hey Borch! I will indeed!

Thanks for the info by the way.

Chemist,

It's GullGuide at hotmail.

I think I may have fished by it on Sunday and if I remember right, it was underwater, but I'll check again while we're out if you could shoot me a map of the area.

Quote:

Hey Borch! I will indeed!

Thanks for the info by the way.

You're welcome. Good Luck!

Gull guide I sent you e-mail. Hopefully the boat is okay but I guess if it's hacked up insurance may take care of it. I do appreciate the help.

I couldn't believe the mat of weeds out there and to see how high the water was. LOOK OUT FOR all the new structure in the lake....a.k.a FLOATING DOCK PIECES shocked.gif

Hey thanks for the info. I was worried while I was down in NC.

If someone could keep me up to date on the water level I would appreciate it. Hopefully if everything works out in my life roght now I can still get up there before I head off to Ireland early next month.