• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where are the walleyes on the horseshoe chain??????

I was out on the chain last Thursday nite and My two buddys and I caught only one small walleye. Where are some good spots? We put in at the Landing by Hwy 23 and went up to Richmond. We were using jigs and fatheads, crawlers, and crankbaits but all we caught were catfish. mad.gif I am not a pro walleye fisherman but I went to the spots I thought would be good: by the bridge narrows, main channels, flats and nothing but one 15 incher. If you guys could give me some advice that would be great!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

You are looking in good spots, but they are probably obvious ones that already have been hit hard by alot of the locals. Trust me the chain gets pounded for eyes and sometimes you have to look for more secluded spots to get on good eye fishing. I would look twoards the deep weeedlines on Cedar Island, and Schneider for lake fish. For presentations I would toss weed weasels, mimic minnows and drag live bait rigs and leeches. Bait of choice has been leeches lately. Dont rule out cranks in the main river. Burn shad-raps #7-9 walleye-divers, reef-runners through some of the neck down areas, you may have to cover alot of water but trust me you will be rewarded. I have been doing well on eyes on the chain, I can't stress enough to think shallow on this system, the eyes will tuck right up in the weeds and up under trees just like bass.

was out friday and saturday.. And I fished in the tourney on saturday.. we managed 7 walleyes but the biggest one was 18".. not big enough to win anything...We caught one on a lindy rig with a golden shiner.. and the rest on raps... We caught 6 of the 7 walleyes in the first half-hour of the tourney ... friday we pre-fished and had lots of bites but only a couple fish we found most of the walleyes in 8-10 feet of water.. the biggest one we caught came out of 6 feet along the weedline.. good luck