• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

all new wiring in an old boat

say_der

Question

I've got an old boat I'm fixing up & I'd like to add decent wiring to it. Does any one know of a guide or anything printed to show how to do this? I don't know if I need a buss bar, a fuse block, a terminal block?

What I'd like to run is a 12V bowmount trolling motor, a fish finder in the front and one in the rear, and the bow & stern lights. maybe some curtesy lights if it's easy enough.

Thanks for any advice.

3 answers to this question

You can check Amazon for books on boat electrical systems. One title that I've found helpful is "Powerboater's Guide to Electrical Systems: Maintenace, Troubleshooting, and Improvements".

If you really want something easy just come on over and see my complete harnesses, they have fuse blocks, standard codes, etc. and......they are cheaper then buying wire alone....