• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marshall Lakes

Anyone know of a good lake to try this time of year for walleyes near Marshall... I want to take my father-in-law out for fathers day and that's where he lives. Thanks.

How close to Marshall do you want to fish? There are quite a few walleye lakes in the area. Check out earlier posts about the SW/MN Fishing League. Their tournaments have been near Marshall so far.

Go to www.gomarshall.org for some SW/MN Fishing Event results. I have heard that Wood is still going and east twin has been starting to produce some nice fish.

Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone think lake sara is any good? I was it looks like a pretty good-sized lake, but the DNR map says it's only 4 ft deep... is this true?

That map is off It is a shallow lake But some nice pockets if you can find them

It's not a deep lake, but it will produce some nice fish if you go looking for them.

So, we fished Sara on Saturday and caught some nice bullheads:(

1 17in walleye.

1 12in perch (really fat too)

1 11in crappie

and ten bullheads. (Fat ones)

Didn't see anyone else catch anything.