• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone hit Balantyne this year yet? We hit it early in the season and got nothing. Was wondering if anyone else has been out with any luck?

Took the kids out there this past Fri. and did some bass fishing. Caught enough to keep everybody happy. I know this lake has some very big crappies swimming around in it but I have never really got on them. The kids like flinging the hardware at the bass so this is what we target usually when we go out here.

I went about a week after opener, and the weeds were already real thick, i got a couple med. bass texas rigging and my buddies got lots of sunfish. In the hole nearest the landing, we located some stacked crappies but had trouble catching many because we did not have minnows. Bottom line is that you have to fish weedless unless you're fishing one of the two deepest holes.

I hit about week before opener caught 3 eyes 18" to 20" and my buddy caught a 24" northern had to through all back. Went back couple times since with no luck weeds are very thick. Had some luck ice fishing this year few nice crappies kids caught 12" and 13" on one outing.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out last night WOW what a zoo speed boats pulling tubes and jet ski's everywhere. Went out into deeper water I used leech kids used minnows found couple crappies in about 25ft of water suspended about 10ft. Daughter got nice 10.5 white crappie pulled in couple smaller ones just too much racket for good fishing.