• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lakes in the west metro

Just wondering if any body know of any good lakes in the west metro (mainly in the chanhassen, chaska eden paririe area for walleye fishing weather the yuppies are out or not. IF you do any certain " hotspots" i should try

Thanks

Slacker84

Lotus has some decent eyes, fish it during the week not on weekends. Of course Waconia is really good too. Most west metro lakes are Bass and northern lakes.

Waconia is your best bet for immediate success. Minnetonka is better but you will have to put some time in. Lots of water to cover and the walleyes on Tonka can be anywhere. Usually an after dark/very early morning bite on Minnetonka. There's a lot of info already posted on this site so do a search.

Launch is on the south end and so are the deep holes. I'd troll with crawlers/leeches along the deep weed edge about 20ft. Watch your depth finder. Once you locate the walleyes you'd probably want to jig them. Don't forget to try the bay on the northeast where Purgatory Creek flows out too. You are more likely to catch some nice pike or bass than walleyes on Lotus. The eyes are there but it's a tough bite. Let us know how you do.

Thanks i' think i will be going tonite so i'll post when done thanks a lot

Well we went out but the wind was to much for a 17' boat and a trolling motor. so i'll have to try agian some time

• 2 weeks later...

finally got another chance to go out and fish. Wasn't the best time but my future father in law caught a 22.5" walleye

thanks to everybody who replyed

jay