• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

trolling motor

cray

Question

I just bought a new Minnkota Powerdrive bow mount. It is very hard to deploy. I have to pull back on the latch with one hand and push and jiggle the shaft with the other. It is really tight and takes a lot of effort. Is this normal? Am I missing a tension adjustment? Will it loosen up with use? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Pretty normal. Mine is still a bear to get off the mount even into the second season. This is the second Minnkota I have owned and they have both been the same. At least it won't slide off when I don't want it to.

Normal. Go get a can of silicone lubricant and spray down the shaft and that will improve things tremendously.

Yup, pretty normal when the units are new. I use armoral wipes to lubricate the shaft. Makes putting the unit in the water and taking it out of the water a whole lot easier.