• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will be vacationing in park rapids area and love to catch large and small mouth bass on the fly. Anyone else with any tips?

When do you plan on vacationing in the area? We've hit some largemouth and smallmouths on clouser minnows in the past week, but the topwater action is still to come. By the end of June you'll be looking at some good days to throw poppers and the like!

I will be there the week of june 20th. Wher have you been fishing? Floating or sinking lines? I fish from a float tube or pontoon(kick boat)so I probably won't venture on to something like Leach Lake unless there are some sheltered bays near the public access points.

Sorry for the late reply! I have been fishing around the Bemidji area for largemouth and a few smallmouth, but mostly targeting smallies on Potato Lake near Park Rapids. There are a hundred lakes within a stones throw you can go catch bass on in the area, and you can hide from wind and sore legs on most.

It's been too early to pull out the topwater stuff, but like I said, sinking Clouser Minnows have been doing the trick and fooling some bass. Weight forward floating line is all I use.