• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lingering question.. Do any resorts on Big Sandy sell bait?

Whenever we run out of bait, we have to run into town and it would be nice if we could just boat up to a resort for bait like Ole's used to do. We used to be able to dock up at Eagle Point (I think is what it's called?) And walk across 65 to Big Sandy Sports but they closed.

Rumor wagon says that Big Sandy sports was sold and will be reopening soon......

I did'nt know Pier 65 was for sale?? When did that happen?

I'm not really sure when it happened. confused.gif But thats what I heard from a good source. We'll see if it's true.

My sources tell me that Floe is going to knock down the existing building at the Pier and build an entire new facility. The grand plans are to have a hotel and marina along with the new bar and resturanut. Floe is a partner with the guy that owns the pete moss plant that is just north of Mcgregor on the west side. I hope they do it, the area needs some new business to keep the others in line.

(Just remember, this is from my sources, so it may not be 100%)

Scumfrog -

Heard the same thing from a reliable source. I heard his plan is to level it and build condo's. Not sure if that's true. I stopped in last Saturday night and they have done a remodel. The dance floor is now as you walk in the door were the bar used to be. The bar is now out in the room were the dance floor used be. It seems odd that he would make those changes if he plans on leveling the place.

I thought the same thing when I was in there last week. I guess its a short term fix for the problem of trafic flow in the bar area. I'm guessing that the building will stay up through the summer and all the construction will happen this fall and winter.

Lipp Ripper is right on the money. I talked to Floe and the other 2 owners at a BBQ last week. Bar/restaurant/hotel/marina type deal (theyre thinking a Lord Fletchers but w/ hotel rooms). The remodeling is a temp fix until they do major work next year.

Now I have the info directly from Floe's mouth. He knows that the remodel is "like throwing money away, but we had to fix the place up" Floe told me that he has a way to build the new bar without knocking the old one down. I assume that he is going to put the new bar closer to the highway in part of the parking lot. Time will tell.