• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cottonwood lake by DL

Has any one fished this lake, going to tourament there in about three weeks, I don't have time to fish it early so tips and hints would be great thanks jim

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean Cotton Lake? I can't find a Cottonwood Lake in Becker County.

Yes, its cotton lake, heading there 6/18 sorry ( confused.gif)

When is the tourniment? Bass? Walleye? I haven't heard anything about it and I live on Cotton.

good morning

the tourament is july 9, team from DL is having it, I fishing with a friend of mine how works there.

sorry

Bass, northerns, and walleyes

BILLP

I fished cotton lake last sunday lots and lots of northern

did have some nice sunfish to eat,

Jim

Cotton has been plagued with hammer handles since I can remember and that would be in the 50s. They recently put in a slot limmit and we are starting to get some larger ones now.

Bill

Bill

I see you love sunfish too heres something to try

scale and half only then put them in cold water till firm

then with a butter knife scape the skin (you'll be a mazed)

I do this two times and then do the ribs (ribs come out real

nice) and have you ever fished the lake inside the island and do you fly fish for sunnies? smile.gif jim

Jim,

The lake in the island is shallow and freezes solid every winter. If there was a chanel to the main lake it would make a good bay to fish early in the season. My brother brought a fly fishing buddy up from the cities a couple weeks ago. It looks like a lot of work and it's hard to keep the worm on the hook with all that back and forth stuff. You will have to provide more info as I don't understand your sunfish cleaning thing. I usually scale, head and gut,and pull the fins.

Bill

Bill

thanks I clean them that way also but if you scape them with a butter knife (after you clean them) you'll see what I'm talking about (silver and fine sand comes off) try it this weekend or next time you go out you'll be amazed smirk.gif