• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

will be fishing vermilion for the first time and would like to know some of the best areas to fish for muskie are. i hear taylor island is good as well as pamahan. Any tips? What are the best baits to use and what areas...structure/depth, etc. i will be located on the western portion of the lake.

thanks

I would guess most of the people that would reply to your post are probaly out fishing. I wish I could help you but I do not fish Musky and normally stay in the east end. I'm sure someone will reply in a day or two. The guides and other fishing people on the Vermilion Forum are usually very helpful, when it comes to a question such as yours. Good luck and good fishing to you, like I said someone will reply to you shortly I'm sure. Darrell Larson.

Other popular spots on the west end are the open-water reefs on Wakemup bay (Merry-go-Round, etc), the shallow bay behind Jacobsen Point, and the sand/rock-bar off Staley.

I spent last week on east end.

Bay just west and around the corner from Moccasin Point, marked reef between Moc and Grubins, very small island near reef and closer to Grubins all have fish.

The small island holds the same (???) fish for the last 10 years. We saw him , again, this year.....two follows within 10 minutes. BIG FISH.