• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Largemouth Lake in the Park Rapids Area?

Does anyone know of any good largemouth lakes near Park Rapids? I am heading up there in a couple of weeks and would appreciate any input.

i am partial to Potato because i have a cabin there and fish it quite a bit. other great bass lakes in the area would be Big Mantrap and Belle Taine. also Fishhook.

If you are content with 2-4 lbers, 3rd Crow Wing has some good numbers. The 2 prominatent points on the lake are a good place to start.

I will be up there this weekend at my grandma's right by Round Bay, if you make it, let me know what to look for!

Thanks for the info! I am fairly familiar with Belle Taine. Any spots in particular I should try? I have been able to find smallies near the island, but haven't found any consistent spots for largemouth.

Dave B- Good luck this weekend and thanks for the info. I won't be heading up until June 20th. Let me know if 3rd Crow Wing is good to you this weekend.

Hey purple.....I live near Nevis and there are MANY good largemouth lakes.....I fish a number of them...Call me if you like and I can give you some [email protected]

Sami...Hows the bite been for the smallies there?.....I havent gotten there yet.....Too much largemouth fishin....Yah, I know, Yes, I am ashamed!

Dave, let us know how you do. Will be leaving next Fri. for a week up there. Have been going to the Third Crow WING for almost 20 years. We usually make it there a couple times a year. I think it is a great little lake. Would be interested in water temps. and how high water is. Sounds like they have been getting a lot of rain in the area. If you haven't fished it much I can give you some ideas. Good luck.

Thanks JPSavage! I appreciate the offer. I will be staying on Lake Belle Taine, but will be willing to try other lakes in the area if they are better for bucketmouths.

Water temps on the smaller lakes are in the low to mid 60's so the bass are on ther bite.......All species should be active as of now.....Come get em!.......LOL

I will do that. My grandma and uncle have been on the lake for nearly 40 years, so I have a pretty good idea of where to start.

I will have my 2 and 5 year olds with (wife staying home), so I may not do a lot of fishing.

As long as we're talking Crow Wing, don't over look 8th, 9th, and 10th Crow Wing. All can be fished at the same time by motoring through the channels. The water should be high enough for just about any boat out there. 8th has a sunken island at the SW end that holds 3-4lber's around just about the whole thing. They also have great pad fishing.

Largemouth Bass 0 14 9 15 2 0 0 0 40

Northern Pike 0 0 0 0 0 10 8 12 30

How about these numbers off the lake survey 15 12"-14" bass and 2 15"-19"

How about 12 pike over 29"

You probaly know the lake better than I do than Dave. Best of luck to you.

smallie fishing was good on bass opener. i will be up Fathers day weekend and am looking forward to finding some monster smallies on the rocks.

Only fished for 3 hours, walleyes biting well on the hump that is 1/4 to 1/2 mile straight out from Crow Crest ramp. Most 20"+, biggest was 25" for us.

My cousin is doing well on the crappies in 2-4' of water in the pencil reeds.

My uncle lives on Potato, and the smallies are going nuts off his dock.

Thanks for the report Dave. Know right where you are talking. That hump is usually good for eyes for most of June. Will be there this Friday for a week. Again thanks.