• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering while any of you were fishing if you saw any carp in the shallows on any of the area lake...looking to do a little bowfishing just cant find the time to do that much scouting frown.gif

I was at fish lake by Weetown on Saturday and saw a bunch of carp in the shallows close to the public landing and up by the old road that is partially submerged that used to be the stock car racetrack.

WOW Thanks alot i'm heading there this weekend grin.gifgrin.gif...were they shootable from the shore or should i bring my boat?

Was on Crystal today but didn't see anything. Got into some nice spawning Buffalo on Pelican (Fish) lake though. Are there buffalo in Lizzie? I was going to go there but the access was being worked on.

What lake did you get the buffies on? cant tell if you calling the buffalo (fish) or pelican (fish)...im sure theres some action going on out on ten mile but dont really wana drive that far

It was on Pelican lake south of D.L. but in the Fish lake bay. The fish were spawning in the cattails and cruising along the dropoffs. I was at Tenmile a week ago Sunday in the lousy weather and saw nothing.

On fish lake, on the partially submerged road by the old race track, shooting from shore would have been really good last weekend.

Yea i assume with the nicer weather that they would be picking up on tenmile...let me know how you do if you go on any area lakes grin.gif

I was on Lida last night. There were a ton of carp or maybe buffalo in Bass Harbor on the norht west end of the lake. They were following the shore as well as cruising the middle of the bay. Go get 'em. A blue heron was flying about two feet above the water and spooking fish as it flew. About every 10 to 20 feet the water would erupt. Kind of looked like a plane on a bombing run.

Was out at the lake home on Pickerel (near dead) and saw lots of nice carp cruising the shallows off the points on the south shore and in the weed beds.

hey dano were the carp really spooky on pickerel?..went out on fish on friday and got 4 nice ones biggest was 10 missed a few thanks for the tips guys,would appreicate more reports wink.gif

Some were a bit spooky, but most were just crusing over the weeds and between docks. We were able to spear a couple off the dock.

Hey tacklebox when you say OT river what certin part did you see um in cuz thats a biggggg river...Lol dano nice its usualy really hard to get close to carp with a speer that lake must never get bowfished?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyones been fishing Otter tail and seen any carp along the shore or on any islands?