• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LETS tournament - Lake Ida, June 26th!

The Leading Edge Tournament Series is heading to Lake Ida, near Alexandria, MN on Sunday, June 26th! We are looking for a few teams to fill some openings for this event.

This is a multi-species tournament, so it's a great time to meet some new people and fish some great waters. Trophies for the top 3 savvy teams and 100% payback on tournament fees to boot!

Cost of this event will be $50 per team.

We will be camping at a team member's place near Alexandria for this event. Join us for a day of tournament fun!

Contact me at [email protected] to sign up.

To read more information, it is posted here:

LETS INFORMATION

We also have 2 Otter Tail County events (Rush Lake and Mystery Lake) in July and August!!

Me and a budy would like to get into this toury this weekend on the 26th. Can someone let me know what is going on and the rules and stuff? I would appriciate it! I guess I should ask if there is any openings first? sounds like fun to me!

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=468364&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

here's the link to the LETS information...

there are a couple more in Ottertail County this summer, so if this one is full...try July/Augus on Rush or Mystery lakes.

good luck and good fishing!

LETS anglers get 10% off purchase this weekend!

good luck and good fishing!

bluebill, click on the link I provided in my first post- "LETS INFORMATION". Everything is there. If you want to sign up, throw me an email. [email protected]

Ghotierman,

That's great, thank you for the offer. Hope to see you sometime over the weekend.

We have three openings for this weekend's event. Sign up before Friday AM to join in!! The weather looks fantastic. grin.gif

Chuck I'd love to do Ida this weekend as it's only 20 miles from my house, but family obligations make that not an option. I was curious if there's still openings in either of the other two events?

Also is there a list of lakes that the Mystery lake will be chosen from? If so can we view the list somewhere?

hi bigbucks,

We have openings for the two Otter Tail events and can definitely sign you up if interested.

In respect to be a true mystery tournament, the lakes will not be published. A local bait shop will be taking care of picking all the lakes so nobody will know.

I'm confused a little, maybe you just made a typo, but you said the bait shop will be picking "all the lakes" will some people be on different lakes or will they jump around? I wasn't trying to find out what lake it was going to actually be on, just curious what type of lakes will be chosen from, that's no biggie. I still have to check with my family & a partner before committing.

If I'm understanding the rules right does this mean you can come in with a bag including, best case scenario of course, 3 northerns, 6 walleyes, 6 bass, 10 sunnies, 5 crappies, 20 perch & possibly a muskie or is there some total fish limit? I realize nobody's going to catch all those fish in one day most likely, just trying to figure out how it works. Are these the same events where you have the fish fry at the end too, or are those different?

Quote:

maybe you just made a typo, but you said the bait shop will be picking "all the lakes" will some people be on different lakes or will they jump around?

No typo. In the past, we compile a list of lakes that offer enough acreage (500 acres I believe) for 15 boats and good multi-species fishing. Last year we had 10 lakes or so. We put the lake name in a hat, draw the lake and everyone drives to the lake to fish it. Simple as that. It's the true test of fisherman without the pre-fishing knowledge. wink.gif

Yes, all those fish combined to total weight. It's unlikely, but teams have come mighty close. grin.gif

We don't have a fish fry after the event, but we do eat a lot of grub on Friday and Saturday nights when we get together after pre-fishing and whatnot.

I assume there's none of that get together on the Mystery Lake until the day of the tourney then. Unless you're saying you draw the lake Saturday morning & get one day to prefish, but it doesn't sound like it.

We always have a get together at least the night before. A lot of teams are from all over the state, and nobody wants to leave the Twin Cities at 2am to get up here for one day. We are trying to arrange something fun for Mystery's Saturday to pass the time.

There should be no pre-fishing allowed since the whole heart of the Mystery event is all about challenge and who's the best.

Sounds like fun, keep us posted on pretourney events for the Mystery one. I don't know if it will fly yet, but I'll let you know.

So what were the results on the tourney last weekend? Are they posted somewhere else & I'm just not seeing them?

bigbucks,

We post almost everything about LETS in our forum, labeled "Get togethers, ICE Series and LETS". I spread the word in other forums to gain further interest. wink.gif

Here's the link to results and photos:

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=587086&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Thanks Chuck, I guess I hadn't realized there was a separate form for that, obviously. I added it to my favorites.