• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Muskie opener reports

I and a couple of freinds went out to Lake Waconia for the muskie opener. We had about five or six fallows but they would not hit. There were about 50 other boats on the lake. How did everyone else do did you get them to hit or was it slow.

Waltinader - I was also on Waconia, bright and early sat morning until about 1 hour after is started raining. There were quite a few boats there, many of them musky fishing. I did not see any fish landed. Didn't see any skis in my boat either. I did bet a bonus 4 lb bass on a topwater, that was fun - got my heart pumping for a split second! Did you fish into the afternoon or evening at all? I was wanting to be on the water then, especially when the sun came back out and began to heat again, but I had other commitments.

I brought my grnadson (8) out to WBL on Sat. On the way out, he said he wanted to catch hsi first musky... I told him it just might happen... not expecting it to, though...

We were looking for walleyes and having no luck, so we put on shallow shad raps and trolled over the weeds. I hooked somethign, and gave him the rod. To our surprise, and his thrill, it was a small tiger smile.gif Only about 14" but it was his first. He was pretty proud, and me too.

Saw lots of boats casting for muskies, but didn't see any landed.