• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

slot limit

Duffer

may 14-july14...all walleye between 20"-28" must be released

july 15-november 30 all walleye between 22"-28" must be released

dec 1-feb 19 all walleye between 20"-28" must be released.

iceman

so anything under 20 can be kept and what is the limit per day, we are camping next weekend how many can we posses if we clean them and store them

thanks

The daily and possesion limit is four fish.

Good luck!

Jeff S

i thought the daily posesion limit for a day is 6 or is it different on mille lacs

It is 4 on Mille Lacs. And remember the daily and possession is the same, you can have only 4 walleye per lisenced angler.

thanks for the reminder glad i looked before i am heading out this weekend thanks.

duffer

Can you have 2 fish from some other lake and 4 fish from Milacs at your camp at Milacs?

Makes sense to me! Although proving that might be a little tough and probably not worth it.

I THOUGHT THAT WHEN THEY SAID DAILY POSSEION IS 4 LOOK A FEW REPLIES UP.

if you cant prove it (of course you cant) you will get a ticket. better be safe and stay with 4 - an 18 or 19 inch fish makes one huge walleye steak. you can still come home with plenty of "meat".

Let me throw out this scenerio.

Lets say I have a cabin on Mille Lacs and like last year there was a pretty strong bite going on, on Winnie, so me and a buddy load the boat, head up to Winnie for the day, catch good numbers of walleye, keep our limit of 12 walleyes between 13-17"s, drain the live wells, and bait wells, put the walleyes on ice head back to the cabin and are cleaning a dozen walleyes in the garage on the shores of Mille Lacs. Am I leagle?? In my opinion yes I am leagle, however tough to prove that we did or did/not catch the walleyes on Mille Lacs. Any other thoughts or ideas on what to do in that scenerio. I suppose I could keep my receit for shiners from Freds Bait, that might help prove something.

Another scenerio.Go to Dam Lake & catch a 22"fish then go back to the cabin at Milacs.Does anyone know the answer to these last 2 posting.I plan on doing a 5 day fishing trip to several different lakes Some with slots & some without.

Yes both of those situations would be legal - why wouldn't they be? You didn't catch or possess those walleyes on Mille Lacs Lake, you caught them at some other lake and followed that lake (if special regs) or the state's rules.

If you have 4 in possession from Mille Lacs - I would also say you could go fish another lake, catch 2 there and have a total of 6 in possession.

Just make sure you don't go on any lake that has special regulations with fish from someplace else that has different or no special regs. That is just asking for trouble.

Vickie

Remember, according to our great Constitution, you are innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the DNR. Their job depends upon us using the outdoors. The laws are there for all of our benefits.