• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hit the river for the first time this year last night...

I dumped in at the Carver landing with a buddy of mine last night and got blanked.

We fished the wood, streams, inside bends, and rocks with not so much as a nibble. We ran bullies, suckers, and cut bait through the night but nothing was working for us. We pulled off the river @ 3:30am and I proceded to console myself with a booze, my blankie, thum sucking, and a dark corner wink.gif.

Ah well, we'll get'em next time.

PJ

ps. Yes I have come out of hibernation for the year.

PJ,

You guys must have either fished down from carver or if up not pst the trestle bridge?? We were down that a way for a while in hoopers river pro, we didn't quite make it to the trestle bridge and we didn't run into you guys... We got our only two at about 2:00 or so, couldn't read a watch anymore by then.... both in the same spot and both on bullies... in a hefty current. No luck in wood, creeks or holes either. Good luck next time, First real cats of the year for me smile.gif Just a little fun to be out and about again!

Later,

MNRiverRat

PJ... If your not opposed to shore fishing in town(that other river), I'm sure I have a spot you can at least break the ice on flatheads.. we have been successful 95% of the time this year... with an occasional bonus channel. Dark 30 hit a 17.5# channel last night.. heck of a bonus.

[email protected] .. OR .. easier .. 612-281-0943

I'll be out just about every night.