• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rush Lake on Whitefish chain

My Dad's annual Bass tourney through his work is on Rush this year in the Whitefish Chain. He's been doing the tourney since it started and finally took first last year. This will be my first time going with him and I would like to help him win it again. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look for some monsters. It's catch and release only and we'll be launching from a resort or restaraunt that is owned by a guy he works with(I don't know where the resort/restaraunt is, just that he works with the guy). The tourney is two weeks from now, on the 18th from 6 am til 11 or so. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you don't want to advertise your honey-hole on here, you can send me an email at Tonyjor1212 at Hotmail dot com.

On Rush lake I would check out the 10-14 weed bed right off the big Island. Kind of hard to explain where this is but if you are familiar with the lake the spot I am talking about is right off the point right where the slalom ski course usually is. It is on the south side of where the ski couse is. Not sure if the course is out this year but I have had my best luck around that area.

Is the course on the island? Also, I've never fished the lake before so I don't know where the big island is. Thanks for the advice.

The water ski course is on the North side of the big island.

Thanks for all the help! It's a pretty small tournement so I could probably win it if my Dad or I catch a 5-6 pounder. It's only 9 days away, I'm pumped! Thanks again and if anyone else has a bit of advice, please feel free to post it here or email me.

Just got back from Rush today, Had a great time minus the pine tree falling on the cabin during the Tues. night storm. I stole your advice and was able to get some LMB on the point tubes worked okay topwater yielded the best results. No monsters but plenty of fish.

How's the water clarity/temp out there? Also, has anyone tried rubber worms. My Dad swears by them and is planning on using them exclusively. It's an artificials-only tournament and I think it's only 20 or so boats with one person each that he works with and whomever they choose for their partner. I think they're going on their 20th year. Is there a lot of boat traffic on the weekends on Rush?

Yes, there is lots of traffic on the weekends all over the chain. It is best to fish it during the week. It is amazing, it can be packed all weekend, then you'll be all by yourself on the weekdays. If you wanna use plastics, try a Senko type bait.

Thank you all for the help! We managed to place 3rd and my Dad got the trophy for biggest fish with a 16" caught in the channel area between the north part of the big island and mainland. We had 5 fish for a total of 8lbs.14oz. There was a 12" minimum and all fish were released. I caught 2 of our winning batch on the recommended senko worms in a watermelon color. Again, thanks for everything!