• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Marine tips and tricks?

I think I will check out a new lake for me- Big Marine by Forest Lake... anyone have any quick general tips to have something to go on? Mainly going for pike or bass! smile.gif Certain areas? Bays? Humps?

(Not sure if this one would be considered "metro" or "east central")

Someone (I wish I could remember his name) gave me some great tips for Big Marine last year prior to fishing a tourny last year.

I have always caught a lot of nice bass in the weeds near the island and in the far east end of the lake. Pumpkin Green colored plastics fished slowly have always produced for me.

If the person who advised me to try bull shot sinkers reads this...thanks again for your help last year!!!

I was out there last weekend and got some bass back in the bay behind the island by the public launce. Using a yellow spinner bait. I also have had good luck around the main island. I generally use spinerbaits and the pike seem to love the standard red/white

Davey- I believe that was me... and your welcome, glad I was able to help. At that time I might have been using the Exudedude name.. Since I have been prostaff on this page I went to my real name. I think we were talking stupid riggin deep weedlines.. Glad you did well..

Sly- This is an awesome fishery. With that being said, she can also be fickle! Because this lake is so clear, weather conditions can play a huge roll in how you do. Expecially in the spring. When summer hits you can just move out deeper. The northern bay should hold some fish, as should the entire east bay. I'm guessin the bass should be spawning now. Look for them on sandy flats in 1-5 feet of water..

Weightless plastics will work fine, soft plastic jerkbaits, senkos, tubes.. all will work.

With all that being said.. please do your best to practice catch and release this time of the year...it will keep the bass fishing good in lakes like this for years to come!

Tx for the tips.. can't wait to check it out! C&R. Love trying out new lakes.. tried Otter Lake last weekend. Great fun! Am going to explore the N. Missisippi too this summer.

how's the walleye action on this lake. It is only about 15 minutes from my house. Never fished it though.

I was out last weekend and fished for a couple hours. Manged one walleye. Lots of weeds. I like to troll after dark and the weed line is unlike any other lake I have seen. I found 18 foot of water with weeds growing up 9 feet.

I am going to try again this weekend and get to know the lake a little better. How about by the island out there? Looks like a good spot to work with some spinners. The island meaning right in the middle of the lake.

I will be trying it too in the next few weeks... let us know what you find!

Deitz, yep...it was you alright...thanks again!!!

Took the 8yr. old grandson out yesterday on B.Marine for gills & crappies & maybe an occasional bass or northern. C&R'd a nice sized bass in the northern narrows at about 8:30am with a jumbo leech in about 6-7' about 3'down. Didn't size it but guessin about 20". Couldn't find the bigger gills though. Was tryin some of the drops on weed edges, figured the warm water (75deg.) and high sky with no wind would have them deep in the cover waitin to ambush something tasty but I'm not a very good fishin guide I guess. All I could manage were the bait snatchers. Poor kid was as patient as a saint for six hours but we went home empty. Any advice? Been doing OK at Turtle Lake though. Nice size bass in there too.