• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Went out yesterday and the Fish lake was hot. Concentrated in 5-10' of water with weeds and had a smorgasbord of fish. Eyes, pike, large perch, crappies and rock bass. Was trying out Scenic Tackles new Angel Eye Jig and Spinners tipped with a chub. Water temps were 63 and 67 when you hit the wind blown shore and thats where most the hot action came from. I was after eyes but didn't mind sorting through all the fish because I had my son along. Jr had a blast and I did too. Was nice to get and not rained on.

Thanks for the report. Ill be there this weekend and I hope it is still hot. We fished it last weekend and the Northerns sure were active!

Hey Surface Tension,

I was out on Fish Lake the other day with my brother. The fishing was by far the best I have seen. I did not see Blue Gills on your list. I could not keep them off my hook. My Brother stayed with crawlers and spinner harness the whole time. He out fished me two-to-one easy. I switched from minnows to leaches and had luck on both. We did nothing more then troll spinners. Give me a call if you have some free time coming up anytime soon.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hi Tom, I was using minnows so we didn't get any Gills Wed but knew they were there. So Jr and I went out today with crawler harnesses and got into some nice gills along with some very nice eyes. The eyes were on a shoreline break in 10' of water. Spent an hour holed up on an island while the thunderstorm rolled through then bee-lined it to the landing. Jr locked my keys in the truck on the ramp, no problem I have a spare set stashed on the truck. After pulling the boat out and parking to put the tie downs on the boat Jr locked the doors again confused.gif, this time with both sets of keys in the cab. On the way home he thanked me for showing him how to break into a truck with nothing but stick.

Aaron hope you and your dad didn't get to wet out there. After I talked to you we picked up 5 more eyes in that spot.

Tried calling you but the battery went dead. Let me know how it went for you.

Frank

I just sent you an email with the details of the trip. We toughed out all the rain (God bless heavy duty rain gear). Managed 10 walleye out in the main lake, few other people were catching real nice walleye out there as well while trolling.

Hey Frank,

I just wanted you to know that I was laughing with you while reading your post reguarding your key trouble. Tell jr. it's a good thing to be able to fall back on life's lessons even if they came from the hillside days grin.gif.

Take care,

Tom