• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

next week I'm going into trout lake, looking for walleyes, first trip in since 96, any help with campiste, and fishing holes?

The lake will still be pretty cold. Go north, up the north arm, and into Little Trout is you are bringing a canoe. Try around the little island west of the mouth of the entrance to the north arm, and again up and down the north arm itself. The north shore of Soux Pine Island is good as well. With your permit you should be able to get a map of campsites. It will be hit your miss with the eyes but it's such a pretty lake you'll enjoy the search.

I'd love an update of how you did, water temp, etc. when you get back.

Good luck and have fun!

I'm going up myself with a group on June 10th. Water temp should not be much above 60 degrees right now. I was on Vermilion memorial day and the surface temp was 53 degrees according to my depth finder.

Speed trolling with crank baits up by Oriniack portage can produce this time of year. Area around Pine Creek with spinners and minnows can also be good. Walleyes on Trout will be hit and miss. Go deep after about 10 AM. North arm with crank baits can be a blast for pike and smallmouth.

I've been going up there since I was 12 and that is a long time ago. I'm from Virginia originally. Look for the campsite with kegs of summit and you will be offered a cold one.(cold plate and CO2 in camp)

Good luck!

All of a sudden I have an urge to go to Trout on the 10th of June! Kegs of Summit? Who cares about the fishing...... grin.gif

Dang Fisher King, that sounds mighty fine! We go in the 19th, we'll have our customary 10 cases of plastic bottled beers and be fry'in up eyes all week. Please give an update when you come out.

We have a few cases of plastic bottles as backup for when the kegs run dry. Always can pack them out if they are not consumed and used for the next trip. Also easier to take out into the boat. Hopefully the eyes are biting and we have to wait until we get to camp. grin.gif

I'll be sure to log on and let you know how we do. I'm hoping others do so over the next week so we have the same info going into our trip. cool.gif

Ive always had luck with a blue/white/yellow silver willow leaf spinner bait, for smallmouth. Fish leeches no matter what anyone else says.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Any reports out of Trout Lake would be welcomed. Water temp, good bite, bad bite, locations, etc. We go in this Sunday for a week.

Thanks in advance!

My cousin is libby007 i not sur ehow he did but i sure he will give you the scoop on how they did

Also lookin for a report. Maybe going in for the day on Wednesday. Still up in the air though. Thanks in advance.

Just got back from Trout Lake. We were up from Friday through Tuesday. Weather was not the best with rain every day and changing wind directions. Don't know what the water temp was but it was cold bathing!

Fished Big Trout and most of the luck we had was on the north end. Caught several nice sized fish around 20-30 feet of water using leeches and a bare hook/lindy rig. Minnows were not nearly as effective. Trolled with crankbaits as well and caught some nice pike.

Ran into some folks who fished Little trout and they told us they had some luck in there as well. Didn't catch much in shallow water at all.

Good luck. smile.gif