• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How much longer do we have to put up with Cuddirtyer

Mitty

Man Ive said it before and Ill say it again this guy is a mess.Sure he is hitting what .250. But what about when it counts he hits into more doubleplays than Brad Pitt does.Last night he must had his mother as the official scorer first time I ever saw a guy getting a double when the ball went through a guys legs,this guy has GOT TO GO!

you can't just look at one player and they didnt lose because of him, some other players are not hitting the ball too? I dont really care if he is just hitting alot of grounders into Double Plays, Hunter is not hitting as much, Jones isnt hitting as much too, and as well some others. Still alot of games to go... who knows if Cuddyer will turn around or not? He still hit that ball hard between the 3rd basemen's legs and got a run scored... Ill leave it to that and no further comments smile.gif lets go twins!

This is the guys first year at a full time roster spot. The thing that makes the Twins great is the way they develop players. Cuddy is still a borderline rookie. No one in the Twins system is going to come out of the shoot an all-star.

No one is really hitting well right now, Stewart being the exception. Give him time. He's got a lot to learn and boy howdy the dudes got a cannon for an arm.

Stewart??? Cannon for an arm??? Are we talking about the same guy here?

He's got one of the weakest arms in the game for an outfielder. Jones is a close second.

I think he's talking about Cuddy. Cuddy does have a cannon for an arm. People need to stop getting so down on him. He's not that bad and what does everyone expect? He's not a .300 hitter or a 30 hr. guy.

I'll agree with you about Stewart though, the guys does have a really weak arm, but does have decent range. Jones, I don't know, he can shoot it pretty good.

Remember how many slumps Koskie would get into????? OH but when he leaves people act like we let Gods gift to baseball go. Let Mikey play.

Well said Sledneck. I liked Koskie a lot, but he was far from irreplacable & Cuddyer, although he needs to improve is decent & I think he will improve. He does have a better arm than Koskie.

As far as Stewart his arm isn't very good. Jones isn't fantastic, but he throws fine. Hunter has a hose, which makes the other guys look bad.

jones has one of the best arms in the game a week ago he caught a ball on the warning track and threw a strike still in the air to the 2nd baseman and he was running backwards thats tough to do cuddyer will come around hey at least he hasnt been on the DL koskie would of already 2 times

Boy you are correct on the DL for Koskie. I called him the human train wreck. Man he got hurt a LOT. I think he's been on the DL a couple of times already this year. Let the guy (cuddyear) develop. Man we don't give anyone half a chance.

Sorry for the confusion fellas, I meant cuddy has a cannon for an arm, not Stewart.

Jones also has a gun. We all know about Hunters arm.

Remember, also, that the salary that was saved by letting Koskie go was used for the contract extensions for Santana (four years), as well as Silva and Radke (two years each). When you're on a budget, sometimes you have to cut back in some places...

And yet, the dropoff from Koskie to Cuddyer isn't that great...current year-to-date stats:

Koskie: .248 average, 7 HR, 16 RBI, 22 Runs Scored in 149 AB

Cuddyer: .264 average, 2 HR, 16 RBI, 21 Runs Scored in 163 AB

A few more homers for Koskie, but it hasn't translated into more run production. So, unless you figured the Twins should've gone out and signed Troy Glaus to a big-dollar contract, they probably did the right thing.

Oh...and Koskie is out another two months after surgery on his wrist or thumb or whatever it is he hurt this time.

I dont know how better or worse Tiffy is than Cud at 3rd but I like Tiffy's bat alot more. Cud will be nothing more than a utility though for his career it seems. Hopefully we have another 3rd baseman working his way up the farm system or it might be time to go out and grab someone.

Thanks pigsticka at least someone makes sense here you guys have far too much patience with some of these guys,sometimes you just have to cut the string and let them go,I suppose some of you clowns would welcome back that dirtball Hocking also its okay to put the Minnesota nice down once in a while and get on these guys alittle bit.

Patience is what got the Twins where they are now. If we dumped every player that wasn't putting up all star numbers early in their career we wouldn't have a team.

We're talking about the Twins here, not the Yankees. Terry Ryan doesn't have the luxery of going out and signing all stars to every position. So, the Twins have to develop them.

It's kind of like everyone was bashing Lohse before, now it's all quiet. I think they said the other night he was 3-1 in May with an ERA around 3.00. Yet he was a has been we were supposed to dump. Overall he's 4-3 with a 4.22 ERA, not All-Star numbers certainly, but a very servicable #5 starter.

Whatever, keep ragging on him but look at Tiffee's numbers before you say that he hits better. I like Tiffee but, at third for the Twins, there is no better answer than Cuddyer. And no, I wouldn't welcome Hocking back with loving arms.

As far as Lohse, maybe he's turning it around a little bit, but I still ain't crazy about him.

I think willy has got it right. Tiffe needs much more time to develop. Cuddy's bat will come around. Tiffe will need a few hundred more AB's before he can get er going. The twinks have the pitching to get by on anyways. wink.gif

BB- Lohse deserved the heat he got. He STUNK until about 3-4 weeks ago, and everyone in the Twins organization and fans that follow the team know it, too. I think he was told about a month ago that if he did not go out and have a good outing, don't remember against who, he would either go to the pen or sent to AAA. He has looked like a different pitcher ever since. Anderson got him to finally scrap his lousy curve, and stop trying to overthrow his heat. He gets it up to 92-93, and the hitters were just sitting on it and absolutely rocking him, start after start. The new approach, w/ a cutter and hard slider, has done the trick. I don't think anybody hates him, just a lot of fans were tired of the same thing, inning, after inning, for about 1 1/2 years. I always said he had good stuff. Just not the command and control that is required. Now, it appears he has harnessed it. Lets hope it continues, and he CAN be a valuable 5th starter. Lets hope this does not go to his head after a month of solid starts, and he thinks he should be # 2 or 3. He is not a # 2 or 3 guy, not on this team, anyway... 8-Ball.

Who exactly do you think should go over there.. Tiffee? C'mon, this guy can't hit a barn door with his swing right now. Has been said before : Cuddyer is an average fielder, with an above average arm. He will hit .250 to maybe .265, 12-15 dingers and 60-70 RBI's. For the $ Twins are paying him, I think he is fine and they are getting a bargain... 8-Ball.

Tiffee doesn't need anymore ab's he is 25 or maybe even 26 now and he is in his prime for a young farm sytem hitter. He played great last year in the last month or 2 of the season to get the Twins where they wanted to be.

For the $ Tiffee isn't a bad option either. But I do believe for the future niether are options. Both aren't good enough players to be a solid option on a good team. That is where I was saying hopefully we make a nice pickup somewhere or there is a better young guy coming up.

One other option, Mauer keeps being rumored to be playing 3rd which might be a better option than any of the players right now for 3rd. But with Mauer's brains and talent you cant do any better at catcher either than Mauer.

Twins are about the only Minnesota team I dont get pissed off about because they are very well put together and run. The managing is great.

Mauer is a great catcher, but hes a baby, every other week its something else wrong, he played all 3 sports in highschool and never got hurt, now he gets the big bucks and everything is going wrong with him.

Give it a few years and a real 3rd baseman will be up in the big leagues. The 20-year-old Moses, a first round pick by the Twins in 2003, has beaten up FSL pitching all season long. He is fifth in the league in average (.333) with six home runs and a team high 31 RBI. He is currently tied for fourth in the league in on-base percentage (.400) and his 12 doubles leaves him in the top 10 in the league. Prior to this season he had never stolen a base, but this season he has 10 bags in 13 attempts. His 29 runs are tied for the team lead. He has committed just five errors in 33 games at third base

FI Guide I hope your right about Moses seems to be promising,the thing about Cuddirtyer is for five years all we read about in shooters(charley walters)column was this kid named Cuddyer hell half of us had a hard time saying his name, but all we heard is how good he was in AAA,he gets up here and hes a stiff.And NO he wont come around he is just an below average ball player.As far as Mauer goes he does seem to be hurt an awful lot lately,chances are he wont be behind the plate much longer just because of marketing purpose if nothing else.

Have you people seen enough 2 doubleplays with guys in scoring position.Instead of Cuddirtyer on his back it should say rallykiller.GET RID OF HIM RYAN!!!!!!

Mitty, you just stole my thunder!! Cuddyer has been an enigma!

final box score was 5 stranded runners. I wounder if they included the dudes that were doubled off.

well twins win so whats there to say... GO TWINS!!

BTW, Cuddyer was 2-for-3 with a walk and two runs scored yesterday.

Yeah, he's had some trouble in the field; I think we all expected some growing pains there.

As far as him being a rally-killer - we're talking about a guy who LED THE TEAM IN RBI IN THE MONTH OF MAY!

Yes, he's hit into quite a few double plays, but alot of that has to do with bad luck. You have to hit the ball hard to hit into a double play, so it's a good sign in some ways. This isn't your beer league slow-pitch softball game where you can place the ball wherever you want to. He's putting good wood on the ball in those situations, which is better than early this year when he was striking out too often with people on base.

His double-play balls are frustrating, yes, but they're no reason to replace a guy in the lineup.

Three runs scored, 2 RBI and two walks last night for Cuddyer. And he hit the ball hard right at guys two other times.

Kinda quiet in here today ... Hello? ... Anybody?