• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wanting to catch some northern on our fishing trip up to clitherall from june 11-18 any good ideas or lakes to try.

Troll a 4 or 5 inch daredevil (red/white, silver, gold) over the weed beds in 10-15 feet of water on the southwest edge of the lake (right by public access). Start at the point of reeds you'll see to your left (west) as you're launching your boat. Keep going all across the whole west side of the lake until the bulrushes end. The bottom is fairly flat and weedy (thick moss weeds). The pike like hiding in there. Slip bobbers and suckers have produced for me on the southwest side by the access.

Hey a few weeks ago I fished in the southwest bay for crappies and seen some northerns in the shallows leaving the bay.. I know for a fact one was at least 15-18lbs.. I'd give it a wurl down in that end of the lake.. I haven't really fished clitheral but I've seen some big ones down there in the southwest bay area fishing for bass once too... I also lost a few lures too them...But like I said I haven't fished it much... so good luck finding gators....