• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First timer Needs information

Looking at doing a fishing and camping trip on the lake I have never fished or camped here. Any information would be helpful.I want to take my wife and two small boy's. I have a 17 foot boat with a 110. Thanks for the help confused.gif

You will all love it!

Have camped three years up there now, with and without kids. There is a campground(Woodenfrog) on lake with nice sites,H2O, no showers but we have used Arrowhead Resort showers when dip in the lake just was not enough.(Nice for us women!) Anything you need you can get at Gateway Store as you turn into Kab road. Just ask Phil, a plethora of info, regarding bait, bites, rules, etc. etc. Just bring a 55 gal. drum of bug spray. With all of the rain they have had we all just might use it..But you live in Mn. so you know that. If island camping is on you agenda, it's first come first serve, no fee, just stop at Kab. Center to register. They also will answer any rookie ?/s. you have. Boat launch is free, right next to Arrowhead and Woodenfrog, or you can put in at Ash River, also real nice. Free parking. WE bring wood for fires, but you can buy also at Gateway, actually there is very little you cant buy there. He is real well equipped. You need a map of Island Campsites(from Kab Center) and a map of Lake. Other than that just have fun...When are you going up?

F10