• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did anyone read the story the past day or 2 about the 4 year old who was shot to death while camping on Lake Vermillion when he ran behind a target practice the family was shooting on? I saw a very small paragraph on it but was shocked to hear the story, was wondering if any of you heard anything

Very, very sad thing frown.gif It has been in the news around here for the last few days. It seems that there was a family and friends gathering and they were target practicing and the boy snuck around and hid behind the target and a family friend accidently shot him. I can't begin to imagine what the family feels like or worse yet how the guy who shot him feels. You just can't make something like that go away.

Just an awful accident.

When will people learn?

Shooting hand guns around small children, is just an accident waiting to happen. There are numbers of gravel pits in the area where anyone can shoot targets safely. Where were this childs parents?

I would never have allowed anyone, family friends or not, to brandish fire arms around my children or grandchildren. This could have been avoided if

just one the adults would have just used a little common sence. frown.gif

Sad....very sad.

"Ace" cool.gif

Geez, what a tragedy. To think, a little common sense could have prevented this whole thing from happening. What a shame.

agreed, hopefully a valid lesson can be learned from the situation, what a shame...

I was guiding client very close to the area that the child was killed at. frown.gif

We heard them shooting for around 1/2 hour before we left the area.

I think the target practice was a common form of entertainment there, as I have heard the shooting there many times during the summer months.

Cliff

Where did this happen? I was staying at a friends this weekend in Nyles Bay. We were hearing all sorts of crazy gunfire sunday (like out of control target shooting). When we left we saw a target along side the road where the shooting we heard must of came from. I'm assuming (hopeing) thats not where it happened. confused.gif