• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Report

I got out today to one of my favorite stretches of river to to chase smallmouth. We found the the fish were very tight to structure and very shallow. We had some success on top water lures, mepps spinners, tube jigs, and small jigs tipped with minnows. However the best bait by far was the Senko. It outproduced the others 10-1. We managed to land about 25 smallies all in the 16-19.5" class and missed or lost more by the boat. We also managed to find a few nice crappies and they all went 11-14". The crappie as well were tight to the structure and pink jigs with white twisters were the ticket. I also found that the 2" berkley power minnow to be crappie getter. We tried a few of our are usual walleye spots but were unable to locate any. There was alos a nice rock bass bite to keep us busy. They were pigs with most going 11-14" and 1-1.5lbs (We weighed a few as I understand the state record to be 2lbs). All to often I think the local river systems get overlooked but in my mind they are far and away supior to most local lakes. The smallmouth fihing is simply unbeatable and there is not a better fight pound for pound then a smallie on utlra light line.

Hit one of my favorite lakes today and got out on the water around 6. Fished for bass without luck for about an hour and saw some minnows jumping and threw a pink jig into the school and for the next hour proceded to catch over 100 crappies without bait for the next hour until i got bored and went home. This was by far my best day this year so far.