• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How is the fishing????

Any recent reports out there in Cass Country?????????

Gettin' a little antsy, there, Joe?

My buddy and his son spend a month in Cass and have not fished much this week due to wind and rain and cold. The longer it takes the weather to break, the better our chances for a good trip when we get there. I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you and I'm antsy too.

Best bite has been in the evening for me...too bad my clients didn't want to hit it! Cranks and crawler rigs working the best...13-19 feet of water.

Don't worry, Brian, I'll be bringing the good weather with me in 2 weeks. But keep locating them until I get there. See you and the rest of the FM crew then. We'll touch base again before I get there.

Brian, Looks like the weather may stabilize some just in time for us next weekend. Thats the good news! The bad news is I banged my knee so I can't get around so good, the kids will have to do all the work. I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud. I was wondering about one report I read about Cass maybe being down a little bit in better keeper sizes this year, but there are lots of fish in the 12-14 range. You noticing any difference from normal?

just got back yesterday limited out on walleyes on friday and got our limit of crappies on sat. fishing was great and the crappie weather we had made the fishing possible the sun came out on sun and the fish just spoked to easaly the clouds and rain and wind made great cover and made the awsome fishiing possible.

Just got back to Las Vegas after spending the weekend on Cass. I concur with Mr. Jones, best bite for bigger fish was trolling raps at night. Picked up fish from 14" up to a nice 24" fish that weighed in at 6lbs. She wasn't too happy with us as she splashed us pretty good when we released her. LOTS of 12 to 14 inch fish. Just wasn't ready to harvest those smaller ones so we kept about 7 fish. Pike weren't as active as I had hoped....Pike Bay was slow the day we spent there. Jig and minnow presentation was good in 15 to 25 feet during the day on Cass.

Tim

Thanks for the report Tim. 32 days and counting till we head on down there. Hopefully, those little guys will fatten up for us by the time we get down there.

Duffer,

Did you guys fish Pike Bay? Where do you crappie fish on Cass?

Thanks

we headed up to kitchi to nail thoes crapies ill tell u they where jumping in the boat but they were spooked easly but ive never had them jump in the boat like that in years we caught 30 in like an 1.5 hr.

I have been going to Cass for 35 yrs and have only caught crappie a couple times! I was thinking Kitchi or Buck, but wasn't for sure. We will be up there this weekend and was hoping for some good weather(doesn't look great as of right now).

I like to go to Pike Bay because we seem to always have action for the kids.

Thanks for the info!!

great plan but if it is crappy weather that makes it beter because they are easly spooked right now. we caught them on sat with the wind and the clouds. but went back out on sun in the calm and sunny and with cass being so clear the fish just spooked i was using my electric trolling moter and they still spooked they came back but soon as i caught one they all spoked and left and no more came back. so if u do have bad weather dont let it get u down.