• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Independence

Thinking of going to Lake Independence this weekend... are there any other landings besides the one in the park that you have to pay to get in?

Thanks, LT

I only know the one that you pay at- I don't think its that much. Ive fished Indy a lot in the winter but never open water- any spots to cover or avoid as I was thinking of going there tonight and this weekend- Thanks-

Go during the week. Then you don't have to pay. It's a good lake for just about every species. It's worth it even if you do have to pay.

ya, it's like four dollars, but that adds up if you go night after night.

I would fish the east side of the lake with the winds the way they've been...

Good luck see ya on the water.

Thanks,

I seem always go on the weekend... never thought it to be free on week days.

Nice!

You actually DO have to pay - $5 per day or $30 per year. No matter what day it is! I don't know about Indy but at Medicine lake the odds are very good that you'll get a ticket without your pass. I sometimes get out on the lake early and pick my wife up at the launch when she gets off work. My wife got a ticket for parking a car in the little lot next to the trailer lot (for canoe launchers) - in October (the only two cars in the the two lots were hers and mine with the trailer). I thought that was a little aggressive. Now I pick her up at the West park. Way more convenient for her anyway.

Actually, the entrance to Lake Independence is part of the Three Rivers Parks District and they are not charging any entrance fees at any of their parks for this year except for a boat launch/trailer parking fee. So if your just driving in without a boat or trailer, its free everyday. Not sure about next year though.

Information below is from their webiste:

As of Jan. 1, 2005, PARKING IS FREE EVERYDAY at all

Park District locations for personal/family vehicles.

A new boat launch/trailer parking fee is in effect; the daily fee is $5, an annual pass is $30 ($15 for a second pass in the same household if needed.). 2004 Patron passes will be honored until their expiration date. This fee also applies to winter trailer parking at boat-launch facilities.

I was assuming he had a boat & trailer and the ticket story was just to let people know that tickets do occur.

There is another boat launch on the lake. I can't remember where but I believe it is on the north west side. It's free as far as I know but it's really steep.

Anyone been having any luck with eye's? I am heading there this evening (not looking for any spots etc just whether they've been biting at all) We caught 1 there on opener and that was it

Thanks

went out yesterday and between 2 of us we caught 2 nice pike and 4 tiny walleyes using slip bobbers