• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Journal entries - and other questions

I've started a real simple version of a Fishin' Journal, with lakes fished, times, and a few other things like barometric pressure and such. Just curious what else y'all make note of? And if anyone out there has published a journal besides like Earnest Hemingway?

Other questions - night fishin' in the Lakes area any successes out there

- I got more but i'll ask later

I try to recount some of the passion of the catch. I usually only record the significant outings i.e; my first muskie, tangling with a 40"+ pike in my kayak, landing a huge cat on the mississippi. I try to write general observations and quips or quotes from the boat shortly after the trip. makes for fun reading later.

as for night fishing in the Alex area, it can be quite productive on a few lakes. Milton and Ida can be great at night...especially on full moon phase. Miltona often has a good night bite. Osakis recently has been more productive at night (saw an earlier post....walleyes caugt from 11pm to 2am..)

Another point on your journal question. Digital cameras are becoming more and more affordable. Now it is not that difficult to add photos to your narrative. You can even publish/store them on-line. It's an effective way to tell the story. (see the late season turkey hunt story on the front page of FM)

good luck and good fishing!

(and story telling!)