• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

37 Days till CASS!!!!!!!!!!

What's happening guys? I got 37 days till we hit the shores of Cass in search of some of those ever elusive walleyes. This will be my second venture into the Cass Lake area. I used to fish Leech year in and year out, but we ventured out to Cass last year and don't think we will leave. I was up there last year around Memorial Day. This year myself and 7 other guys have a cabin booked at the Cass Lake Resort from July 2-9. I haven't fished MN in years around this time. How is the fishing generally around the first week of July? Any mayflys? It seems like getting the spinners and crawler harnesses going is the best bet for morning and evening? Anyone trolling cranks around this time? When? Well, the countdown has been started. I can't wait to get up there!!!!!!!!1

I presume you mean Cass Lake Lodge. If so, get the coffee pot ready, that's where I am located. As for the fishing in July, no problem, you should be able to locate them, by that time, they are very predictable. As for bait, I would concentrate on leeches. Much to learn and so little time to talk about it. The most important thing is prolong, consistant weather. If you can get a string of consistantly nice days, or even days that don't change much, even if it is not perfect for you, the fish react favorably. A lot is not in your hands, the weather is the big question mark. You will see a definite pattern by July, don't worry, it is not hard to learn. I would not buy a large amount of stuff down home, chance are, we don't use them up here. Stop by when you get up here, Ron

Thanks Ron. Yes I did mean the Cass Lake Lodge. We will definitely stop by and say hello. I'll talk to you soon.