• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gull lake dam

Has eny one fished the Gull Lake dam yet this year. I herd its pretty good for early season walleye. I am hedding up there tonight to try it out.

I fish it every once in a while when I get bored as it is 5 miles from the house. Right now I think they still have the majority of it posted for no fishing to protect the spawning eyes. But they may have removed them by now for the upcoming busy weekend......and it's been long enough I would think.

But as for fishing it, generally I've caught Bass and Gills.....the Carp in there are huge!! just very finicky.

Swung up there last night and they do have it posted. But if you walk a bit to the left you will see where the boundary is.....2nd cast and a 17-19" Eye and then I gave up as it wasn't going to get better.

Well they opened up the Boundary on Friday so now you can fish the entire area.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you been out there lately? I plan on being up there all

this next week. Staying at Kavanaughs and looking at fishing

below the dam. My son loves the playground while I fish.

Haven't been there since. But I know that you can usually get a few Bass or some nice gills. It's a smorgasbord there so good luck!!!

I am probably thinking of the wrong spot but I was up there last spring and they had the whole area below the dam posted as no fishing.

It was sad, because there was a huge sucker run on and the water was thick with big fish in shallow, clear water.

It may have been a spawning season issue or I might be remembering the wrong spot.

Tony

EDIT - I should have read the rest of the posts! This has already been dealt with.

Stopped by for a little while night and watched a few people

fishing along the fence line. Water levels are really high,

almost up the top of the concrete side wall. Did not see any

thing get pulled in, been raining ever since I got here. frown.gif

I believe today is the last day for rain then 4 straight days in the 80s so Hopefully you are in Brainerd a few days longer.