• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW get to gether June 18th, Roll Call

Jim kaz's place is about a half mile from Sportsmans.

fiskyknut

Carson,

I hope you make it, the more the merrier!

I have ordered decent weather for at least most of

Saturday.

We'll be there wife - 2 daughters. will keep an eye on posts as to see what is being brought.

Fisky, we will be up Thursday if you want to exchange that flasher or the get together works. lots of grass to cut but will make the time for some saturday fishin. Looking forward to meeting all. Mike

I can't make it. The wife informed me months ago that she wanted to be at her dad's lake for Father's day. Definitely wanted to make it this year and to meet everybody. I'll be looking forward to hearing how everybody did.

Later, Ryan

Finally got a good report from just past Pine Island from this past weekend. Kaz and I will be out trying to find some hot spots on Friday afternoon for everyone. It's nice to see a few more couples/families will be attending this year. Dirtball's good natured ribbing aside, those who were at last year's get-together know whose boat fed the crew. Walleyechar's book in one hand, rod with at least half a mile of line out in the other (or rod holder), while, as mentioned above, slowing turning to face the sun, was apparently the presentation of choice that day.

I talked to Old Guide over the weekend. It sounds as though he may fish the West side on Saturday, and drive over with his catch in the afternoon.

How about the Beckwith crew? When are you guys planning on being there? Clueless can't make it?

Looks like I might be able to make it up there after all.. Ma was not too happy for me wanting to on Fauthersday but a fella has to do what a fella has to do.

I have not even been to LOW yet this year... sigh.... that is not a good sign...

Joh, when are you heading up? give me a call.

I'll give you a ring after work tonight. Walleyechar and I are meeting Kaz at his place around noon on Friday. He will be driving up from down by the Cities early Friday morning.

Well I guess that means I won't be fishing with you on friday as mentioned in the emails last week then Jon.

Oh well I'll make other plans.

Forecast is sure looking nice for the weekend. North to Walleye valhala I'm hoping.

fiskyknut

I posted in the Red River forum, but I suppose I should mention here as well, I'll be there too.

I'll bring a pen and some paper just incase ya'll want my autograph, cause I'm sure you all have been dying to meet me! grin.gif

See ya there.

Hey Curty,

Looks like "Stiffrod" and myself will be there. We'll bring something. Might drop in at Zippel, haven't decided yet for sure.

I got registered today for those spinners, sure would be nice to use them on Saturday.... Maybe you could see what you can do about that. LOL.

Later

We will be up there Sat. morning and I will bring the fryers and fish breading! I think Clueless is planning to bring 2 others with him as well.

Sorry to say Maw squaw and I will not be there. We waited untill the last minute to see if we could. Would have had room for two riders in the boat with enough gear and bait for lots of fishing.Maybe another time

Assuming Clueless brings two, and the Wiskers crew is coming, it looks like we're over thirty, with a half dozen or so "maybes" still out there. The week is slowing down already, I can't wait. Who else is gonna make it??????

I will be up there Thurs night. This will be my first time up since rainy in the spring. Looking forward to it. I hope the weather will cooperate.

Well here is the scoop.. the weather sounds great but the wind is suposed to be up there... blush.gif

Lets see... LOW and wind.. hummm this could be another wet ride.. LOL...

I can't wait, I have not been up there all year yet...

Our rivers here are shot for some time now.. Well over the banks and almost thick enough to walk on.. It's going to be a while....

Wind won't be to bad at all....especially compared to last years get-together.

Gotta have that walleye chop ya know!

fiskyknut

Walleye chop I can deal with but rollers.....??? not so good... almost got sick on Mille Lacs with 6 footers... lol...

whiskers, don't worry about the chop. I heard that Curt's got some "pull" with the weather...we'll see! How about everyone using channel 11? That way we can compair notes. Also we can see if Kaz and Jon are outfishing us! I'll be fishing the west and maybe the north end of the lake. We'll be at Kaz's Palace Sat. nite for Jeff's excellent fish. By the way, Fisky you can buy some frozen walleyes at Doug's supermarkt on the way over!!!! Pat

Hmmmm, are'nt those frozen fish you pick up at Dougs those Alaskan walleyed pollack Pat? I'll be peeling thru Warroad before they're open or I would make a quick stop for you and just tell the butcher to give me 'Pat's usual'. Have you checked with the meat manager to be sure that it's not Walleyed Pollack when you're in there picking it up?

Last year I thought why bring in more than what we were gonna eat figuring at least that 1 boat over by the blinker was gonna windmill the 11-13 inchers into the box in mass, to feed the masses.....And so it was!!!

Pat I do have a big bag of URL Crappie fillets I can bring so you won't have to stop at Doug's, save ya time and a few beans that way too! Heck there is 10 slabs for 20 nice pieces, forget about Dougs, and you would'nt even have to go out in your boat and aimlessly deathdrown bait that Saturday at all!!!

11 works for me, but we'll be out of range of most folks most likely. Should be able to talk to you up there anyways Pat.....Oh yes, and in that case I had better make sure to wear the muck boots in the boat for sure then!!!

This evenings short trip on the south shore of Muskeg was a bit slow. Finally used and caught a few on woims though. Wind died and so then did the bite.

Looks as though we are going to get more than a day and a half of nice weather in a row finally....they should be going mad by Friday and Saturday.....Somewheres.

Fun, fun, fun.....fiskyknut

Fisky, I already picked up my order! They should be thawed out by Sat. nite!!! I was out this AM til noon. It was slow. Did pick up a 23 incher but it went back. Who are you fishing with? Curt's brother and some other friends will be out with me. By Sat. They should be ready to bite on anything. Three days of sunshine...unbelievable!!!

Pat, I'll be with the other Greg, same guy I fished with last year. We are supposed to have another guy coming with us this year too. Same grey walk thru Alaskan.

Was maybe gonna head out with Dirtball today but I have'nt gotten an email from her yet.

I thought you would get a kick out of the 'aimless deathdrown' crack.

I could bring that bag of crappie fillets if folks would like to chow some of that too, someone give me the word.

tick tock tick tock.....fiskyknut

I will bring some nice big plates, cups and tools for the

feast and some paper towels. I will also bring nametags

so we will know whos who.

If it gets breezy it will be out of the south so it will be

no problem. It might keep me away from Garden Island but

tucked in along the south shore anywhere should be fine..

.....and good!

Pat/Norman... Sure is good you two like each other, otherwise you never know what would happen..LOL Oh, we don't cook nothing but WALLEYE or an occasional northern at my place. Now Pat, you don't really stop at Dougs, do you?? If you do, get some Red Snapper or Tuna, on the grill their GREAT... See you guys Saturday.. Wheels up at O'dark early!! Departure Frequency 156.550 Mhz, (that's channel 11 for you wave runners).... Kaz

I managed to finaggle a few goodies to use for door prizes...but not nearly enough to go around. Maybe some Old Guide spinners, Scenic Tackle, and KKDQ logowear can be added to the pot????? Maybe a day trip with Wiskers Guide Service for a grand prize (tip not included)? I suppose if Fisky were so inclined, we could draw for some crappie fillets too..... Sorry guys it's the salesguy in me rearing it's ugly head.....See ya soon....

Jon, a couple of those wood burners would be good too!!! I just got the boat back from Buf.Bay. Fishing was VERY good!!

we'll be there. 2 or 4 of us. might fish the west side and drive over, haven't decided. we will bring a salad. what time for the eats?