• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BWCA fishing advice needed

I am really psyched for my trip to the boundary waters, which will run from next Tuesday 'til August 8th. Although I went up there last year and caught tons of walleye,northern, and smallies, this year we are going to a different entry point. We will be going in entry point 14, and i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience fishing that area. I would appreciate some feedback regarding which lakes in that area would be productive.

Thanks,
SARTELL ANGLER

How far up are you going? I went in at #14 last year, we covered a lot of the lakes. Shell Lake is a excellent walleye lake. Most of the lakes around there have a alot of northerns. And if you make it up to Fat Lake there are Lake Trout. We went all the way up to North and South Lake, They are suppose to be good for walleyes, but we did not get much chance to fish for them there. We did however catch about as many northerns as a person could want on the river coming in from the north. Loon and Lac Lacroix I believe are good Walleye lakes, but they are big lakes with boat access. Tell me where you will be going into!

------------------
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."
Genesis 9:3