• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good place to start fishing? (Big Sandy)

My parents are heading up to camp at Big Sandy the week after Memorial Day weekend, and neither myself or parents have fished the lake, but driven past it all the time on our way up to Bigfork. Just wondering if someone can point me (them) in the right direction for fishing the lake. Panfish or walleye are probably what they will be chasing. Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide for me or my parents.

Lund,

The local shops have "where to catch" maps and if you are staying at the Army core of Eng they also have there free version of the map. You will find out there is tons of structure on this lake. Take some time around any of the islands. A good percentage of the fish are caught in under 10ft of water and close to any vegitation. Good luck and report back.