• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was out on tetonka from 1300 to 1930 today pullin fatheads from 18 to 25 fow. spf 15 definitely not enough today....and have the sunburn to prove it. worked best point to the mouth mostly. picked up several small eyes (12" or less)all released, couple drum and an average sized pike. what does a guy have to do to get eyes in the 15-18" range. did appear to be getting larger fish later in the day, night bite??? unfortunately work interupted a perfect day of fishing.

happy hunting.

YARDMAN,

In my opinion, you were way too deep. On Tetonka right now, I would be looking shallow, in the 2 - 6' range. Casting cranks or pitching jigs and minnows should be deadly right now. The fish should be relating to any cover they can find or sections of shoreline that are close to deep water. Very similar to the tactics that have put fish in my boat lately on Gorman and Madison.

Good luck fishing and with the sunburn! Ha!!

Yardman,

I don't know that 2'-6' would have been the answer for the eyes through the afternoon. It was very sunny that day. What I would would have done is kept doing what you were doing and as the day progressed keep going shallower. I know there is a nice wall of weeds(12') along that whole shore you are talking about. In the late afternoon/early evening I am moving right up along that and pitching jigs or casting shad raps. As the evening goes on and it gets a little later you could move to the inside of the weeds. Some other suggestions to try would be out in front of the hatchery, On the shallow flat where the cannon comes in, or out in front of where the cannon goes out. I would also fish till dark or at least sunset.

Bagley

Have been on Tetonka a couple of times lately....not much luck. Can't figure it out. Usually do quite well there this time of the year. I agree, that it may be time to fish other areas than my traditional spots. Good luck!!

Good fish'n

Yes my all means 2'-6' right before dark. Every one I know who's picking up Walleyes right now are fishing from shore! Try soaking a fat head near the cannals.

Almost all of my walleyes this year have been from 5' or less on tetonka. Stay shallow even when the sun is up and the walleyes should be crusing around looking for bait.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!

thanks for all the feedback fellas. was out again this weekend unfortunately wasn't able to view the post until today. did how ever enjoy a bit better success just outside the weed line. wondering about the jig option....I'm assuming that I would be working them in a slow retrieve fashion just over the submerged weeds, and not bouncing them off the bottom? hopefully able to get out this thursday for another round. by the way, the sunburn is in full molt stage, lol.

A slow retrieve over the weeds or dropping/flipping your presentation into weed-free pockets amongst the weeds can both be effective.