• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

World Record Blue Cat

Interesting...

I thought I'd be typing a little message here that this fish was caught about a year ago at Lake Texoma in Texas.

WRONG!! It is replacing the record fish caught in Texas.

How would you like to catch a world record sized fish only to lose your record a year later?

I am thinking that it would just be another reason to get out there and do more fishing!! grin.gif

That's one but ugly fish! He must have been using pretty stout line if it was pulling the boat around. Kind of cool that he took it to Cabelas to have them display it in their tank. Be a heck of a live well needed for that one! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

He doesn't look too happy! I'd be grinning ear-to-ear for a week!

Go hold 124lbs and see if you don't grit your teeth a little, hard to smile when your gonna rupture something smile.gif I wouldn't know though........maybe some day.

Holly Hana,

And people wonder why we go catfishing.

We used to swim in the sippi when we were kids. Lucky we all came back! grin.gif

This morning, ESPN's Cold Pizza interviewed the guy that caught the cat, he stated it died on the way to the Cabela's store.

It's sad to see a trophy fish such as this not released.

Outahere

The world-record catfish that had captured the imagination of fishermen across the Midwest won't be coming to Kansas City after all.

The 124-pound blue catfish caught Saturday night by Tim Pruitt of Fosterberg, Ill., on the Mississippi River was supposed to have been put on display in the aquarium at the Cabela's store in Kansas City, Kan.

And it was on its way there Monday. But the fish died en route, leaving the area minus one big projected tourist attraction.

Thats to bad, If i ever caught a state record or a world record I would do everything possible to keep the fish alve and after it was verified I would release it! just my 2 cents!

One question, how does one keep alive a 124 lb catfish when it is going to be transported?

WAG

You would have to put a tarp on the back end of a pickup like those red neck swimming pools. That would be the simplest way I could think of. Would have to pump lake or river water into it though not tap water. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Put it in the livewell! Aka, a huge tanker full of water. lol, thats a good question. I know I don't have anything that could fit a beast of that size in it. Thats HUGE!

Keep boat on trailer, pull the plug and back it up in the water. 15 minutes later will make a huge livewell.... grin.gif

Man, that's one ugly fish, but it is sure big....I've got to do some catfishing more often....

The Today Show with Katie Couric & Matt Lauer interviewed the gentleman who caught the fish this morning.

They had video footage to go along with it also. I can't get over how large that fish is. It is every bit as big as it looks.

It also turned out to be the only fish they caught that evening.

I'm glad I finally checked this post! I was thinking it was just another hoax e-mail going around about the wells catfish...guess I was wrong. Holy Cow that is one huge fish. I would be pretty ticked off if I was the dude from Texas that caught "Splash" last year, LOL.

Leech21- I thought the same thing myself!!

#1- The hoax was spreading again.

#2- Splash's claim to fame didn't last very long.

I still think that it is incredible how 2 separate 124+ pound Blue Catfish were caught within a year of each other in two totally different parts of the country!

Anyone know how many other 100 pound Blue Cats are caught every year without anybody knowing about them?? You would think there would be a few...

What kind of bait did he catch this beast on? Let me guess, using "little" channel cats from the Red??? smile.gif

The DNR was also in on the move so I think they took every precation they could.... To bad that would have been fun to watch swimmming in a tank !!!!

The Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources indicated that the angler was using "mooneye" as bait. What ever the heck that is?? confused.gif