• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

92 Yamaha 50hp

Sheephead Slayer

Question

I was wondering how can I tell if my motor fuel / oil ratio is correct. Its oil injected. I checked the spark plugs and they seem kinda dry, should they be wet with oil? Motor is new to me so I just want to make sure before I run it to much. Thank you,

Kevin

4 answers to this question

Don't worry about plugs just try to find good ground on that motor.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif You'll never hear the end of this.

How is it running ???? If you are not very trustful of oil injection, plug inlet to oil pump and run 50:1 mix.

Side note:

Anybody need some good lighting work, this guy is a Pro, I can guarantee his work, 100% endorsed positively by me, seriously.

dry is good, with a tan or light brown coloring, however the color of your plugs can vary quite a bit depending what you were doing with the motor just before you inspect them, like wide open across the lake then stop and check them they"ll be very light color and trolling for extended periods will darken them up, also good quality 2-stroke oils go a long way to keep plugs from loading up (that oily look you mentioned). hope this helps alittle, good luck fishn' grin.gif

I bought an 11 millimeter socket now Valv, no more bad ground here, lol.

I like that Idea of mixing my oil, I may try that, thanks!

And thanks for the spark plug info also:)

It's up to you about mixing it, but if you used motor at least twice, nothing happened to it, and compression is still the same, I would not worry about it.

Tom is right, the plugs are always dry.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bloatlord
      Opener was decent on Saturday and absolutely on fire Sunday. 9 eyes, three over 25 in, one at 28.5. A bunch of largemouths, some crappie and perch and a TON of bullhead. One of those weekends where your hands start to hurt.       
    • harrylynn64
      I'm quite happy since I'm going fishing with a pal for the first time in a long time. We plan to purchase some clothing for it, such as exclusive hoodies.
    • jparrucci
      The majority of docks can't be put it. Water is over the top of pretty much every permanent dock.  Very few docks are in. 
    • cm012419
      Crappies are all up shallow in the south metro. Caught this one shore fishing with a beetle spin from a more secluded lake without much access. All of the crappies were between 7-9 inches with this 11.5" being the exception
    • Wanderer
      A co-worker reported they had some the best fishing ever on V last weekend.  Trolling 6-8 feet in the morning with HJ10’s.  Where the water temps were in the mid/low 50’s
    • PSU
      Those campsites are right across the water from us. Seem pretty well protected and I haven't heard of challenging over there. Holiday weekends they fill up very fast
    • mdogdaddy
      My son camped on Hinsdale with his aluminum runabout. Nice site but walking across the hull parked on uneven ground he separated a couple of the rivets.
    • herm
      Thanks "Skunked Again!" I searched old posts and it sounds like my fiberglass boat might not be the best rig for Hinsdale. Still, would appreciate more advice/input. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't know about either of them, but welcome to the forum.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I destroyed my main propeller saving a neighbors dock section from ramming my other neighbor's dock. Definitely watch out for each other out there.   Raven77 - on the plus side of the high water, the floating swim platform that you sold me the other year was able to just float off of the rocks that I had beached it on. No need to do any heavy lifting this season! I'm glad that I tied it to a tree as usual.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.