• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm in Iowa and we go to Clitherall every June. Heard this morning on local radio down here that a guy from Iowa drowned in Clitherall Saturday. The radio said "high winds and waves capsized the boat", so I'm assuming you guys had the same wind Saturday that we had here yesterday. I'm sorry to hear it, but I gotta wonder why someone would go out on that lake in the kind of wind we had yesterday, unless you were running a freaking battleship. Not the type of story I want to tell the wife before I go. Guy even had a life jacket on.

She was windy out there yesterday, and the lake was rolling! I can't imagine being out there Sat, when it was crazy windy! Sad story, but I too wondered what in the heck a guy was doing out in that wind! Always check the weather before heading out.....geez, big price for a fish. Sad deal for sure.

I heard on the radio (KRCQ) that the man from Iowa was a Sheriff deputy. You'd think he'd know better.

This really hits home. I was at a resort on Rush on Saturday with my son. We did not go out at all until Saturday night when things calmed down. I think there is a tendency to think that we can "handle it" and that bad things won't happen to us. Let's keep this family in our thoughts and prayers.

I think this is something we all have done, Planing a trip and only having a little time to fish. WE FISH in bad weather go on bad ice ect ect Just because we drove for hours, days! Its very Sad too hear someone getting kill doing something they loved, Hope he didn't have kids??