• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

little boy ,wabado lake

looking for any info on these two lakes . My wife and three year old son will be there staying at Pinedale resort over memorial weekend and i would like themm to catch lots of fish any help would be great any kind of fish as long as they will catch alot to keep them interested. thanks

what type of fish are you looking to catch? Finding panfish shouldn't be too hard, I'd try fishing around some of the bigger weedbeds like ponderosa point or the hayfields. You can also catch a mix of bass and northers casting spinnerbaits around the shallows on Wabedo. I hope this helps. I'll be out on little boy mostly that weekend fishing walleyes but I'll probably come bass fish wabedo a little bit.

There are also some small pot holes off the channel between the two lakes, check it out for some panfish along the shorelines. Good Luck

hey joe will be up at my uncles resort on girl this weekend you goin to be at your cabin. if u are we got to hit the walleyes on both of the lakes and find them. its goin to be a good week tuesday my dad and i are running up to LOTW for the rest of the week. post back or call me

iceman

hey thanks for the help I have gone there for the past 4 years and have had great luck seen lots of musky. We would like crappies but any fish is good. The last couple of years we could take eyes along the shore in wabedo between the two no wake channels, and down by the opening to musky bay. If you get any other info it would be great to know thanks again

hey joe - i will be up on little boy the next weekend (4-7)let me know how walleye fishing was on mem. weekend. what was working and where you found them. i always have trouble catching walleye on LB. during the day - can you help me out with some daytime hints. BIG THANKS!!!

The walleyes don't ever seem to be too active during the day on LB. I catch most all my fish during low light periods or after dark. If you are looking for walleyes during the day I would hit the weeds. Ive caught a few pitching jigs through the thick weeds during the day and I can remember catching walleyes while fishing sunnies in the weeds when I was younger.

Any newer info on fishing this lakes for the Memorial weekend? I just found out I will not have to work over the weekend, so I'm heading up regardless of the weather.

Any tips on either lake would be welcome!!!!

Thanks for replies!

joe whats up. headin up to the lake. give me a call sometime today when ever your about to head out there and i will stop by your cabin if ya wanna fish tonight i am goin out today when i get up there but goin to head back in about 8 or 9. so just give me a call when u get up there or when u are about to leave. see ya up there!

iceman

• 2 weeks later...

MarlinFan

Fishin' Hot Spots has a depth map of these two lakes with spots marked as a starting point. The One Stop gas station in Longville probably has copies of it for sale. If not The bait store by the boat ramp in town should have a copy of it.

Good Luck! (Let us know how you do)

we got back last week lots of bass crappie and blue gills but nothing on the beds. it rained alot and stoppped me from going out since i was up there with family. Still had a great time and plan on going back again next year. Any place else up there with better fishing ?

I'm heading up this weekend.....

Care to share where you found the bluegills and crappies? I'm still trying to learn the lake between "Honey-Do's". My wife and daughter were up and said the weather stunk last weekend. Thanks ahead for any info marlinfan!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.