• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to fish in late June on Lake Amelia

I will be going to Lake Amelia for a few days in late june and would like to know where to fish for some eyes and crappies. I do not have Electronics to find any thing(IE rented boat)

Bigspike,

You are going to have a difficult time fishing Amelia with out electronics:(

Where are you staying? I have a place on Amelia and woudl be happy to tie up with you for a day. I have never been real successful on the crappies...but we can find the walleyes.

If you are interested...get back to me.

Thanks, We are staying at shady rest resort June 24th-29th. That would be great to get together. We are renting a pontoon while we are up there. That's why I will not have any electronics.

Head accross the lake form the resort and fish in 12' for sunnies or troll just outside the weed line (which isn't a straight line) for walleyes. Crappies would be a surprise to me, been there since '90 and only caught them twice.

Let us know how to find you. I stay just south of Minnesota Muskie's place.

TV Boy......funny, I've only caught of few crappies in Amelia as well. Gonna be out there this weekend? We should get together with MM.

Send me an email [email protected]

We will be up there Sat.

I think we will be working on the boat lift if some parts come in. Feel free to swing by and say Hi.

You're on the northeast end, right? Trying to remember your location description from last year, big new green house?

Gotcha wink.gif Gray Alumacraft Trophy 170/white 90 Johnson here. Good Luck!

The fish are there...look harder. Bigspike...since 1990? After 15 years you should be able to find them!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am heading up to the lake this weekend. I am staying at shady rest resort. If you see a pontoon with two kids a baby and old lady and a young lady and a bigger short guy that would be me. Stop by and say hi. Thanks for all the responses

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am back. We only got on the lake for one day because our pontoon we rented broke down. I WILL NEVER STAY AT SHADY REST RESORT again in my life. They basicly tried to blame me because their pontoon blow a starter for the third time this season. We packed up earliy and went home. Not much to do when you can't get on the lake to fish on a fishing trip. Needless to say our trip was ruined. I do understand that is was not in there control but they did nonthing to comp us.