• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

All Right I Give UP !!!!! WBL

I have been out on this lake 3x in the last week and 2 the week before and I am getting skunked everytime out!!!! I have fished the Island the Hwy61 docks Ordway Bar and most spots in beteewn for panfish and walleyes. I need help finding this things anyone out there have a suggestions !???

I have thrown everything from live bait to plastics and have fished from 2-15 feet of water

Anyone esle have this problem ???

Well first of all I would say in the last 2 weeks the weather has been nothing short of Sh!tty. Rain, clouds. Warmer days colder days. You could not ask for more inconsistant weather. I wouldn't give up. For walleyes I would try the two big points and a couple of the bars on the west side of the lake. For panfish I would try some of the reedy areas to the north of the lake. But mostly I would wait for the weather to cooperate a bit. WBL is a harder lakes in my opinion.

Yeah the weather has stunk but it is alot easier to get on that lake with the weather that way LOL

Do you know the weedline depth I have found it mainly at 10-12 feet does this sound correct ?

thanks for the tips

It depends on what weeds and bottom content but there are definately weeds to 17/18 feet. I'd start your walleye quest in 17-21 feet lindy riggin female fatheads. The leech bite has started but minnows seem the best bet still.

I haven't been out on WBL yet, but I have always had success fishing walleyes along the weedline in Birchwood this time of year (while the lilacs are still blooming). Try slow trolling a floating jighead with a crawler along the weedline. I will follow the weedline until it hits about 14 feet...then the walleyes dissapear to their summer haunts.

Thanks for the info

I Think i have worked up enough confidence to go out and crush my ego and pride again

I went out for 4 hours yesterday (nice day finally)... was going for pike.. steel leader, spoons and mepps mainly. Caught two bass on the mepps so I switched to spoons. Managed only 1 really scrawny pike. Fished from 5 feet all the way to 20 feet. Was amazed at the numbers of fish in deep water.. finder just LOADED with arches.. no idea what those were.. whatever.. they weren't hungry!

I was out yesterday as well and caught everything the lake has to offer except muskies and walleyes. Caught the biggest crappie I have ever seen (it's still swimmin') some 9" perch, a rock bass, two LMB, some sunnies and snagged two northerns in the belly. Yesterday chartruse seemed to be the color for me with fatheads. Most where caught in 14 fow.

(Contact US Regarding This Word), what part of the lake where you on?

Live bait eh? I should have brought some.

1- along the island N/launch side 2- NE side near the huge rock shore/fireplace house 3- SW shoreine north of VFW

Used lures only. I should have brought some minnows.. saw a boat catching lots of crappies with bobbers while we were casting.

How about you? Where did you focus. Was a beautiful day though! Just fun to be out! Cold/windy weather coming back sooon..

Was out again last night and finally caught a WBL crappie !!!

Still having trouble locating the schools any one else been having much luck out here