• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

launching a boat on chester woods

Now that I have a trolling motor for my pontoon boat, I've been thinking of launching on chester woods for fun, exploration and a bit of fishing. However, I got to thinking. My trolling motor is on the front middle of my pontoon. When it comes time to trailer it, how would one do that? Just come in fast with the trolling motor and yank it up and coast in? Or can you use your main motor to trailer? Whats the exact regulation or thoughts on this?

And more to the point, is there any good fishing for the kids and I? :-)

Sorry Carl....no use ofany gas motor for any reason. Don't you have a winch and strap in the front of the trailer?

thanks CrappieTom. I do have a winch. Somedays its all i can do however to get it on with the wind without being blown off. I'll just have to try when its warm. Then i can jump in the water if needed!

BTW, check out my post (getting ready to type it) about my crappie fishing experience tonight.