• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

World Class Channel Cat Fishing

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I am surprised that Wiskers, Dennis, Ed, Stu, Canuck, Brad, Dean or no one else has mentioned all the top cat guys who made it up to fish Channels out of Cat's on the Red in Lockport in the past week. Yes, the guys mentioned above are world class catfishing sticks in their own right,

Also, we're talking doubles-triples on 20+ Lb channel cats to keep you busy and providing forearm burns or bicep burns(Dennis) after multiple battles with big sumo cats that are full of attitude.

This is truly World Class Channel Cat Fishing!

Make your own trip to the Channel Cat fishing Mecca.

Talk to Stu at Cats on the Red and he might even set you up to fish with one of these premier Cat Fish guys mentioned above.

Hopefully we'll get some pics up here soon if Stu or Dennis can get some to me. I also have some footage that we hope to have made into a HotBiteFishing Show as soon as we can get Darin on it.

Those of you that haven't experianced this type of fishing are going to love this show.

Sorry I missed you Ed by 2 minutes and that I didn't get a chance to talk with you Brad and Canuck. Hopefully next time ehhh smile.gif

I'm also a little surprised a couple of the top Cat guys, Dennis and Wiskers didn't share their World Red River Catfishing Championship story. Just a teeny tiny bit surprised though. Deitz would understand though.

Thanks Stu, Dennis, and Wiskers for an awesome Channel Catfishing Trip!!!!! smile.gif

You guys Rock!

Cats on the Red - Click Here

SHHHHH RICK!!! Not so loud. I want there to be enough room on the water for me and my dad when he flies up here in a few weeks to experience REAL cat fishing!!!

In all seriousness -- you ain't kiddin. I got my eyes opened to a world class fishery last year, and can't wait to get back. It's literally the only place I've gone fishing and gotten physically worn out from reeling in lots of BIG fish.

Man, I was just so worn out from catching all those beasts it took awhile to get back into the swing of things.

Yup. Thats where the serious cat guys go to play. Where else can you catch fish like that and the numbers.

Heck you don't have to be that serious, there are so many cats in that system anyone can catch them.

You had better bring some serious gear though. I was getting busted off with 50lb Power Pro.

My arms are still a little sore and I am a fairly strong dude.

It does look like Rick is looking for a little praise for beating out both Wiskers and myself in our little afternoon competition. wink.gif

Rick did do a fine job of catching more cats than two cat guides.

We had a little contest. The first guy to 5 cats won. That was Rick. It actually took a little time to catch up to him. I just blame it on tackle and gear malfunctions. grin.gif

Now that I am rested lets start talking rematch!

I'll get some pics as soon as I find the dang camera!!

I still haven't unpacked yet....I think my unconcious is telling me we need to go again!

Quote:

I still haven't unpacked yet....I think my unconcious is telling me we need to go again!

Right on Dennis!! Its much easier to turn around and go again without unpacking & repacking, right? There is also less chance of forgetting something unless you forgot it the first time around! grin.gif

Our trip on June 3rd will be our 11th year going up to Selkirk. You'd think a guy would want to try to go fish somewhere else after that many trips. NOPE. We are so addicted that we just can't stay away. The fishing is great and we always enjoy staying at Stu's place. 3 or 4 days is our max, because we're too beat up to continue.

Glad you guys had a great trip up there! Anybody else going to be up there over the weekend of June 3rd?

MJ

Busting up gear!!! 50lbPP!!,

Man am I ever jealous.

"Not to self" If I ever go bring winch cable.

Ahhh, the race to 5 world championship... I love it! Rick has a WFC(world fishing championship) belt!!!

ATABOY RICK!!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Notice how Dennis can't bring himself to admit he lost the Race to 5 Red River Channel Cat World Championship.

He minimizes the World Championship and also adds excuses to his performance issues smile.gif

Well rick.. a good angler doesnt have bad gear that he can blame his performance issues on... Nice win!