• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if you've been out on Washington since Monday and if so, whether the walleyes are still deep. I'm heading out on Friday and my mind is spinning a bit as to where I should go, either north to the Hutch area or south.

Not asking for spots, just depth only.

Was out yesterday and picked up a couple,one being 16 and the other 23.I started at 5pm and fished until 6.30pm and then battery went dead as I forgot to charge the battery up(dumb ha).Fished Bakers bay along with 15 other boats and it seemed slow as I didnt mark alot of fish near the bottom but there were alot of panfish there.Depth fished was 18-30 fow.After no luck there moved to squirrel nest point and didnt mark hardly any fish there.either.Then I moved over to second point and drifted past third point,16-40 fow and picked my fish up there and missed one,but didnt mark many.I fished with crawlers and yellow spinner which caught one and also used a chart. jig with a leech and caught the other and missed one with that.Talked with 3 other people at the landing when done and they had 4 with 1 being a 30 incher.They fished with jig and minnow around the corner from the narrows in shallower water,thats what they said.I would think with the weather being a little more stable a guy shouyld be able to pick some more up.You said you were going there tommorrow.I was going to be out of town but plans changed so ill be fishing on Washington tommorrow also from about 6a.m. to whenever.I will be in a 16 red Lund with a 25 Johnson on the boat so if you see me stop and talk,maybe one of us will find them.I ahve been fishing fishing the mornings and this was the first time i fished later in the day.Morning have been good to me every time this year for crappies,sunnies and eyes, all off third point or between second and third.I hope this helps you some.Good Luck Lee

Wow. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately (well, in a way), my wife's b-day is today and so as a treat, she's joining me at the lake tomorrow noon when she gets done with work. And, being she works for McLeod County, I'll be heading up in that direction so that it's not such a long drive for her to get to the lake. Had she not been able to get off from work, I would be going down to Washington.

Thanks for the info though. I'm sure we'll run into each other one of these days.

Good information Lee Harvey. You're not the first person I've heard from lately that has been getting fish on Washington. Keep up the good fishin'! It definitely takes time on the water to be sucessful and by the looks of it, you have plenty of that!!

BOYS,SHE WAS A TOUGH,TOUGH DAY TODAY.I FISHED FROM 6AM TO 11A.M. AND ONLY GOT 1 EYE AND THAT WAS ONLY 15 INCHES.TRIED SPINNERS AND CRAWLERS,JIGS WITH PLASTIC,MINNOWS,AND LEECHES.CHANGED COLORS 4-6 TIMES AND THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER.THEN I THOUGHT I WOULD GO CATCH SOME CRAPPIES AND LOW AND BEHOLD I COULDNT FIND THEM,THERE WERE SOME IN BAKERS BAY BUT ALL PRETTY SMALL.GUESS SOME DAYS DONT WORK AND TODAY WAS IT.MAYBE TOMMORROW OR MONDAY.IVE HAD A GREAT YEAR SO FAR THIS YEAR AND TODAY IT ALL CAUGHT UPO WITH ME.ALWAYS TOMMORROW OR ANOTHER DAY.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Kettle
    • Leroyboyisthatu
      Was out the last 2 days. Saw some Crappies caught in warmer bays. Not much action outside the mouths of bays today. Hoping it picks up this week. Trying to learn this lake over the summer.
    • Rick G
      The creek is still very high and dirty. Prespawn smallies don't seem to mind😁 Morning bite has been very consistent this last week.
    • MikeG3Boat
      Any new reports from this past weekend?  Heading up Thursday for a long Memorial Day weekend. Looking for a place to start. Going out of Bayview RV resort. First year fishing vermilion. 
    • CigarGuy
      Looks like your neighbors old pontoon is in some trouble, only a couple inches of the motor is above the water.  
    • Mtnman
      Nice fish, but sad for the property owners.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A great week of walleye fishing with good numbers of fish and some big walleyes and pike caught as well. Most anglers are finding walleyes vertical jigging.  A jig and emerald shiner or fathead did the trick.  With the naturally "stained" waters of LOW, gold, glow, pink, orange, chartreuse or a combo of these colors works well. Some anglers catching good numbers of walleyes trolling crankbaits over shallow sand, 5 - 12' of water.  Regardless of what technique, a lot of good fish on shallow sand this week. Walleyes are being caught in 3 - 31 feet of water.  Some walleyes are still spawning while others are well past that point.  Different things are happening depending upon what part of the lake, bay or river you are fishing.  A mixed bag for walleye anglers including walleyes, sauger, pike, perch, and sturgeon.   On the Rainy River...   The river has a lot of current with the dam wide open and high water levels.    Typical spots in the main channel are still tough to fish due to high current.  Finding current breaks adjacent to shorelines or the mouth of bays has been productive for those fishing the river.  Once you find fish, there are normally good numbers. Sturgeon fishing is closed until July 1st.  July 1 - Sep 30 is a sturgeon keep season with one fish per calendar year 45" - 50" or over 75". Up at the NW Angle...  A great jig continues.  Fish are being found in various depths from 5' -  30'.  Shoreline structure, neckdown areas and on some shallow flats are producing fish. Again, a jig and minnow was by far the most common method vertically jigged below the boat.  Trolling crankbaits over 5' - 12' over shallow flats or sand has been productive. Various ways to travel to the Angle. 1.  Drive through Canada to the Angle  (must be vaccinated, no covid test required) 2.  LOW Passenger Service (charter boat service across the lake avoiding customs)  3.  Lake Country Air.(fly from various Midwest locations to LOW and NW Angle) 4.  Take your own boat.  (Safety first, this is a 40 mile ride over big water)  
    • Shulsebus
      We will be up for our yearly trip June 4-11.  Just seeing if it's the usual baits so far fishing.  Anyone bobber fishing?  Lindy rig?  I'm assuming the water is told cold at this point for Leeches. Thank fellas. 
    • Better Than Working!
      I spent last week on Kabetogama and the conditions are hard to believe. Water keeps rising. The forecast was for another foot rise. We stay at Northern Lights Resort and they went over and above for the guests. Built bridges to the floating docks! Fishing was amazing! Hard to catch small enough fish to keep! People up there are battling to protect and save what they can. 
    • Mtnman
      I'm not getting any good reports on the lake conditions there. Friends on Ash River have water in their cabin. Hope all losses are at a minimum.🙏

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.