• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Woman Lake Fishing

OK I'm back and Woman lake sucks in my only fished it twice opinion. I got skunked on the walleyes, but hey I'm a bass guy. That's when I saw Schnauzer. Nice to meet you to! I did make a trip to Broadwater on Sunday and caught a small pike and a small bass and was broken off twice. Then a storm came through and had to cross Woman lake with white caps in a 14' flat bottom. That was rough!

Shawn, I got your message when I got a real signal which was in Crosby on the way back.

Someone, sometime needs to school me on this lake. UGH!!

I'll be on Woman this weekend. Father/Son outing with my church. I think everyone will be chasing walleyes but my son and I will be chucking hardware for bass and muskies. Ebass - Did you try for smallmouth? Anyone else have any input on locations or patterns for the muskie opener on this lake? Never been on it before.

Roger

I crusied the shallows looking for anything really around Hunter's bay and a shoreline nearby. I didn't see a thing shallow. In 11 feet I can see the bottom. I saw 1 nice mark on my vex in the middle of no where 20 feet down over 30 feet. I have no clue about that lake, sorry. In Broadwater in Bass bay I caught a small pike and was broke off twice. I also caught a small bass but that was it.

eric, just got home from lake of the woods. i am at my uncles resort for the night and goin to fish in the morning and head back home. last weekend when i fished woman didnt do to bad. caught all my walleyes at night. caught i think about 6-7. cant remember. caught way to many fish on LOTW that last weekend its a alittle foggy. all caught on goverment point from 9-11pm bobber fishing at about 13 fow. i think i saw you on sunday headin into woman. i was coming off, i had trouble in a 16' boat, there would be no way i would have wanted to be in your shoes. i was goin to stop ya but the weather was nasty as you know. well i got to get to bed to get up in the morning and head out to the lake. talk to ya later and maybe we can go out fishing on some metro lakes sometime.

iceman

Night fishing, that's what everyone keeps saying. I should've tried to as it was calmer out at night. Ya if you saw a little Jon boat tackling the white caps of woman that was me and my girlfriend's brother. We were trying to beat that storm. I never made it to Girl Lake. Well I did but not fishing. Just hanging with the family.

Give me a call and we can hook up and head to where ever. I like rivers more than lakes, but they are near flood stage right now. And the largemouth are getting in gear on the lakes.

Anyone going up this weekend? I might get a 2nd chance to get skunked on Woman again.

Or what are some good bass lakes in the Longville Area. Does anyone think that Girl Lake is good for bass? What about that Long lake in Longville or just past the airport (I think that's the name)?

I will be fishing Woman Lake Thursday afternoon and Thursday night, as a pit stop on my way up to Rainy Lake this weekend. I won't have access to a computer so I won't be able to offer a report.

Try both Girl and Broadwater bay for largemouth... I do very little bass fishing now-a-days but have found them in both locations in the past. It wasn't bad bass fishing at all. I haven't fished the main lake for largemouth, however the main basin is generally considered smallie territory. I have caught several large ones by accident while walleye fishing there. I noticed on another forum a question from a guy looking for the best place to get a replica made of a big 20+ inch smallie caught on Woman this past weekend.

Lantern bay might be worth a look for largemouth too.

Thanks Schnauzer, I was hoping you'd reply. Rainy eh? That sounds like fun. Broadwater and Girl lake are always busy though. I suppose it was Memorial weekend!

I checked my old thread I had and found some other lakes to try, but I always say that then get up there and wind up doing whatever else. Arr! Thanks for the tips!

Has anyone been out fishing women lately? I finally will be coming back to the states! No better way to spend my leave. I will report back what i find out.... We also will be chasing muskies in a couple of the area lakes. So if you see 18 ft. Red Lund Pro V with a black lab in it don't be bashful! Good luck!

Child is almost identical to Girl Lake as far as bass fishing goes and there are far fewer jet skiers, and fishermen for that matter. If you want smallies give Baby a shot, I've caught a few there while muskie fishing and have spotted tons of them out on the rocks. Tons of crayfish in the lake so a crank of that sort may work well.

My family has a cabin in bungey bay on woman and I will be up there this weekend too. If I am not playing horseshoes and drinking beer on the shore I will likely be out in a old Kayot Pontoon or a 18 ft. Glastron with a 135 Johnson on it. We fish Panfish in Child quite a bit and catch accidental bass regularly. Squaw Bay (Little Woman) is another option for bass on your way to child through the river.

Lund 95-we have found a few walleyes near lantern bay this year but nothing much to speak of. I haven't personally been on Woman too much, sticking more with the little ponds in the area for panfish and bass. I hope to swing by Baby and Mann this weekend too, likely earlier on friday. I'll be in a small 14' boat so I can make it through to Mann if the water isn't too high.

Good Luck all, reports due on Monday!

Looks like I won't be heading up there this weekend now. But over the summer I'm sure I will. Thanks for the tips. There are so many lake in that area its unreal!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I am finally back on the computer after my well deserved trip back to the states! Fishing on women was very good for us. We caught alot of quality walleyes but not too many that we kept. The biggest was 27 inches. We fished all of the classic stuff, but had our best luck south of horseshoe island and by the clay banks. We managed to get out chasing ski's a couple of times on women and little boy..... managed to see a couple but they were all pretty low and lazy. The weather was a little two nice for fishing conditions but a beautiful week up at the lake!! Good luck!